Software Engineer - Android Mobile (University Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
Help the world share their story
Squarespace is seeking a Software Engineering candidates to join our Android mobile engineering team. We're looking for talented, passionate students whose curiosity is engaged by the technical challenges of mobile development and inspired by the elegance of beautiful design.
Our mobile team collaborates very closely with the iOS, Android, front-end, and server engineering teams, and is responsible for delivering an excellent experience for Squarespace users on mobile devices.
- Work closely with engineers from other disciplines (Android, server, frontend, etc.), product designers and product managers to accomplish agreed upon goals.
- Communicate regularly with teammates, your mentor, and management on progress and roadblocks.
- Adhere to common coding standards and submit your code for regular peer review.
- Test your code and support other teams in efficiently evaluating your code’s quality.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- A foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Passion for mobile engineering & development.
- Experience in current mobile technology platforms:
- Android technologies: Java, RxJava, Retrofit2
- React Native
- Great problem solving and collaborative skills
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit https://www.squarespace.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Search Infrastructure Engineer
Etsy, San Francisco, CA
Restaurant Service Desk Supervisor
Taco Bell, Irvine
Director of Software Engineering - Marketing & Ad Technology
SendGrid, Redwood City
Software Engineer, Intern 2018 (San Francisco)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Gamer Insight Data Analyst Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA