Facilities & Workplace Services Coordinator
Squarespace, New York, NY
Help the world share their story
Squarespace is seeking a Facilities & Workplace Services Coordinator to ensure that our office operations are running at peak efficiency and effectiveness. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are passionate about using systems thinking and creativity to deliver the kind of exceptional employee support that makes Squarespace one of the top companies to work for in New York City.
This role reports into our Facilities & Workplace Services Manager and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Provide administrative support as it relates to the Facilities team’s operating budget, submitting purchase orders, reviewing and approving invoices, vendor onboarding vendors and contractors, maintaining Certificates of Insurance, vendor service agreements and contracts, and accurate record keeping.
- Be the primary point of contact for all employees’ day-to-day needs, including but not limited to:
- Project managing the NYC Facilities team’s day-to-day work requests and deliverables using Service Desk in JIRA to maximize efficiency and tracking
- Monitoring and responding to the NYC Facilities team’s channel in Slack
- Coordinating & facilitating feedback touch points (e.g., 1-on-1 meetings, focus groups, pulse surveys) and analyze/report on trends for how we can continually improve service
- Streamline and own procurement and stocking/inventory processes for workspace orders and office supplies from end-to-end; Make ad-hoc purchases for teams with manager approval
- Stand up scalable, self-service mail and courier service processes and manage coordination for special projects when needed
- Assist with maintaining facilities-related policies and procedures, including drafting and maintaining documentation on Squarespace’s Intranet
- Assist with all space planning and seat mapping processes from end-to-end, including:
- Maintaining the integrity of our master seating chart
- Working with the Recruiting, People Tech, IT, and HR Business Partner teams to understand and address hiring plans and space needs
- Partnering with department leaders through the business on coordinating internal seating moves (logistics and communications)
- Work closely with our Facilities Manager and alongside our Specialist to coordinate ongoing maintenance, and maintain key vendor relationships for office services, including: maintenance, office supplies, mail, janitorial, etc.
- Assist with and support all property management and shared administrative services initiatives, including special projects and events as needed.
- 2+ years in facilities in an operational capacity
- Experience forming relationships and leading negotiations with external vendors
- Excellent analytical capability: analyzing cost per square foot & cost per desk excites you
- Strong planning and organizational skills; adept problem-solving skills with focus on efficient, quick and consistent execution
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or Google Apps a must
- Experience with Atlassian’s Service Desk / JIRA ticketing system is a plus
- Experience with Coupa is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated project management skills
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.