Squarespace lies at the intersection of design and engineering. Fueled by our mission to empower individuals, and to democratize design, our goal is to provide tools for people with creative ideas to succeed online. Our design team is at the foundation of every project—we are working on new product features, our front-site (squarespace.com), award-winning templates, and "web concepts" prototyping to move our platform forward. We foster an entrepreneurial yet supportive environment where design defines us, ideas can come from anywhere, and execution is everything. You will collaborate with the world’s best developers and designers to work in a variety of groups within the web design department. The team focuses on:
- Research and design concepts for the web that are usable, beautiful, and marketable
- Develop information architecture and execute wireframes
- Design page layouts and interaction methodology
- Design of templates and art direction of photography for templates
- Work closely with developers during build processes
- Work collaboratively with other designers to tackle complex design problems
- Work with stakeholders in other departments to understand business objectives and provide solutions through design
- Work collaboratively with our content studio to create beautiful visual content
- Participate throughout a project’s entire creative process
- Strong graphic design skills and a portfolio showcasing web design work and beautiful comps that communicate large concepts
- Proven ability to take a project from concept to launch with a strong understanding the process throughout
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and come up with ideas that are relevant and enticing
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology
A portfolio of graphic and web design work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.