The Frontend team at Squarespace is building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers can easily create beautiful interactive websites and stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to go beyond what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you! You will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor junior team members
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and dependable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience preferred
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Back End Software Engineer
NovoEd, Downtown San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, System Applications
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL (HQ), Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Culver City, CA, Sunnyvale, CA
HealthTap, Mountain View
C3.ai, New York, NY; Houston, TX; Redwood City, CA
Senior Professional Services Engineer
MemSQL, San Francisco, CA
iOS Developer (m/f/x)