Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions to take control of their online presence like never before. The Engineering organization is looking for experienced technical writers to take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately to internal and external audiences.
As a technical writer, you’ll be responsible for a variety of complex documentation projects. Your projects will include reading sample code, writing sample code, and updating developer guides and operational runbooks. You’ll also draft internal product announcements, engineering blog posts, and review your colleagues’ documents.
This position reports to our Director of Engineering and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Write and improve technical documentation for our internal developers
- Work with developers and perform individual research to create API reference docs, developer guides, and onboarding content for engineers
- Write and review technical runbooks for our operations teams
- Partner with Technical Program Managers to draft project announcements and updates
- Own the Engineering Blog and review technical content published on other Squarespace blogs
- Edit, clarify, and proofread technical documents written by your colleagues, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Two years experience in technical writing or product/developer documentation, including writing technical customer-facing materials
- Ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Comfortable working and researching in a technical environment, experience with Git is a plus
- Comfortable checking your ego at the door - open to feedback from multiple stakeholders to perfect a doc
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Jobs You May Like
Chemistry Teacher 2018-2019 SY
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, Los Angeles, CA
Credit Risk Analyst
Product Manager (HCMC)
Piktochart, Ho Chi Minh
Senior UI Engineer - Real Time Data Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Circle Content Manager
Squarespace, New York, NY
Bioinformatics Scientist - Population Geneticist/Epidemiologist
Helix, San Carlos