Squarespace is seeking an Expense Accounting Lead to oversee the entire procure to pay process, including the accounts payable function to ensure a timely and efficient business operation. You will partner with the rest of the Accounting Team. We expect this person to synthesize large amounts of data to craft a narrative around the numbers.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports into our Corporate Controller.
- Own the expense accounting function including day to day accounting, accounts payable, and month-end close
- Assist in developing more robust accounts payable, expense accounting, and purchasing procedures
- Improve processes associated with Coupa
- Act as the P2P system administrator and improve system functionality
- Provide support and serve as backup in purchasing operations
- Assist in month end close procedures including preparing journal entries, identifying and calculating expense accruals, reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing supporting schedules
- Provide support for external audit
- Manage the existing AP team
- Collaborate with other departments within Squarespace, including high level users of Coupa, to identify solutions and support new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA certification is a plus
- 8+ years of Accounting, Accounts Payable, and managerial experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger systems, procedures, and financial account charts
- Experience with Coupa and Netsuite
- Full cycle P2P
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high volume environment
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.