Squarespace is looking for a Vice President of Recruiting to lead our recruiting function to deliver top talent to our rapidly growing organization. As the top recruiting leader in the company, you will develop, drive, and execute on staffing strategies across all of Squarespace from entry-level campus hires to finding strategic leaders across all departments to enable our growth in this expanding market.
In this role, you will have the ability to zoom out and keep strategic focus on scaling for growth and retention. You’ll work hand in hand with the broader People team leaders on projects and initiatives to cultivate our unique culture and people practices.
This role is based in our New York headquarters and reports into our Chief People Officer
- Lead & develop a team of recruiting professionals through coaching, mentorship and thoughtful day-to-day management. Coach next level leaders to accelerate their development and improved span of control
- Design the recruiting strategy and execution for all areas of the business including executive, business, technical, and campus/intern hiring
- Revamp recruiting processes where needed to increase velocity and ensure a best-in-class hiring experience for candidates and hiring managers
- Develop and manage a clear set of measures to analyze, forecast, track and communicate results and challenges to the senior leadership team. Use this analytical approach to refine approaches and practices.
- Inspire the recruiting team to deliver results while effectively communicating all critical dimensions of staffing business plans with leadership teams and support organizations
- Partner closely with our HR Business Partners to ensure recruiting strategy, prioritization and headcount alignment
- Leverage recruiting data to influence key business decisions
- In conjunction with our Culture and Engagement Team, develop creative and inspiring social media campaigns and tools to enhance our external recruitment pipeline. Also with this team, develop systemic practices that enable and reinforce the importance of diversity and inclusion for candidate pipelines at all levels
- 15+ years of experience in recruiting with at least 5 years in technical recruiting at a high growth technology company
- BA/BS in Business Administration, MBA preferred
- Experience in building productive recruiting organizations and influencing stakeholders at all levels across multiple departments
- Ability to identify trends and leverage past experiences, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies
- Deep understanding of using metrics to drive performance, find efficiencies and diagnose issues within the recruiting process
- Excellent communication & organization skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Excellent leadership and coaching capabilities
- Interest in working in a thoughtful, creative, fun and dynamic high growth company a must
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.