Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users through scalable self-help tools, personalized support, and customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin and Portland. The Internal Content Team leads knowledge management and documentation for the department. At the forefront of every product, policy, and workflow change, we ensure Advisors are equipped with the organized and trusted information they need to provide the best customer support.
As Team Lead, you’ll manage a small team of technical writers and direct documentation projects to support Customer Operations’ goals. In this new role, you’ll lead the development, governance, and evolution and expansion of our resources.
You are an experienced people manager and technical content strategist who is passionate about coaching writers, leading processes, and collaborating cross-functionally within a fast-paced support organization. You are comfortable contributing to high-level strategy while being hands-on in content development and ironing out the specifics of support procedures and tools.
You will report to the Customer Operations Content Manager and will be based in our Portland office.
- Lead a small team of technical writers responsible for internal documentation and macros (canned responses) Advisors use for support and troubleshooting
- Manage the team’s workload and incoming requests; lead weekly sprint planning and backlog grooming meetings
- Oversee and participate in all phases of content development, including writing, editing, auditing, and improving documentation directly as needed
- Coach writers through regular 1:1s and reviews of their work
- Collaborate with Experts, Quality, Product Operations, Trust & Safety, and Learning & Development to identify and close gaps in resources
- Be a thought partner in developing a best-in-class Advisor and customer experience
- Evangelize technical writing, knowledge management, and related principles across the department
- Collaborate with Customer Education leadership on a strategy for creating and maintaining a holistic, best-in-class content ecosystem
- 4+ years experience in internal documentation, technical writing, knowledge management, L&D, or a related position in a customer support environment
- 1+ years experience managing writers/content developers, either as a direct manager or as a consistent project lead or editor
- Experience owning content strategy for large sets of documentation
- Collaborator with an ability to build relationships with partners in multiple geographies and teams
- Project/process management and prioritization skills, with proven experience overseeing agile project sprints
- Comfort independently taking initiative on loosely defined, open-ended problems
- Experience in customer support in a tech environment
- Experience working in Zendesk and Atlassian tools
*Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Jobs You May Like