As the Manager, People Operations, you will oversee the newly formed Generalist function as well as our Immigration and Payroll Leads. This role reports into our Director, Partners and Programs and is based in our New York headquarters. This position is responsible for managing and developing the team, currently 4 direct reports, to execute and build consistency in the following functional areas: benefits administration, equity administration, basic employee relations and performance management, onboarding, M&A, policy implementation and maintenance, and employment law compliance; more specifically, the teams responsibilities detailed below.
Generalist / Immigration
- Partner with Legal on the development, implementation and/or maintenance of Squarespace People policies in accordance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Partner with Learning and Development for weekly employee onboarding, including benefits overview and document collection for I-9
- Maintain employee records in HRIS (Ultipro)
- Monitor and respond to [email protected] mail group and #people Slack channel on questions such as leave of absence, disability, workers compensation, medical accommodation, employment verifications, just to name a few
- Perform benefits administration, including employee education and partnering with Benefits Manager on Open Enrollment and other benefit initiatives
- Administer annual People cycles (engagement, compensation, feedback) in partnership with the HRBP, Compensation, Analytics teams
- Handle basic employee relations or performance issues and exit interviews in partnership with the HRBP team
- Partner with external counsel to support employee population requiring sponsorship as well as craft and implement PERM sponsorship and relocation policy
- Prepare expense reimbursement and overtime report for Payroll Lead
- Flag potential Legal, Tax, and HR risks associated with M&A activity
- Partner with Finance, Legal, and department leadership to onboard temporary employees or contingent workers (agency or independent contractors)
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and practices to continually improve the efficiency of the team
- Occasional travel may be required
- Serve as a back-up when Payroll Lead is out of office and oversee the end to end processes of payroll at Squarespace
- Maintain severance agreement and offer letter templates
- Prepare severance agreements and ensure payment is made in accordance with terms
- File EEO-1 report annually; and maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Complete FLSA classifications for new roles and annual audits
- Quarterly net settlement administration and frontline communication with employees
- 10+ years of progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, prior people management experience preferred
- M&A and equity administration experience a plus
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations
- Experience working in both private and public organizations
- Desire and knowhow to achieve operational efficiency through automation
- A strong bias towards teamwork and ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, all while handling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Excel/Google sheets skillset with an eye for detail and errors in large datasets
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Jobs You May Like
Guidepost Montessori, Lake Forest, CA