Squarespace is seeking a Facilities & Workplaces Services Lead who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day office facilities and infrastructure operations within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC location.
The right candidate will act as a subject matter expert and technical advisor reporting directly into the Facilities & Workplace Services Manager. This role will be responsible for direct vendor supervision of all repair, maintenance, and improvement related activities within our space to ensure a fully operational, safe and clean environment that lends itself to motivating our exceptionally talented team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and will use your knowledge, diligence and creativity to promote an engaging and award winning office culture.
- Proactively manage day-to-day facilities operations and work closely with our internal teams to ensure that all facilities related activity is performed in an organized, timely and professional manner
- Main point of contact responsible for managing key vendor relationships (existing and new) and all contract services including but not limited to MEP building and office infrastructure, janitorial, elevator and finish maintenance
- Lead the repair and maintenance program, including but not limited to conducting regular reviews, KPI checklists and short and long term planning for repair, maintenance and capital improvements
- Assist the Facilities & Workplace Services Manager in developing/maintaining budgets and RFP of contract services
- Assist with the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures (ex. Electrical and cooling tower shutdowns)
- Develop, maintain, and organize all critical spare part inventory, attic stock, blueprints, closeout documents, etc.
- Develop and lead safety programs
- Develop sustainability initiatives and utility usage analysis
- Lead compliance efforts related to cooling towers, elevators, life safety, etc.
- Effectively communicate departmental mission and strategies to management and work cross functionally with other internal teams, such as CorpIT, HR, Finance and Legal to ensure cohesive delivery of services
- 5+ years of office management/facilities experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities
- Read and interpret technical documents including but not limited to blueprints, as builts, renderings, submittals, user manuals, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical wiring and components, steam, water, and mechanical systems including but not limited to cooling towers, chemical water treatment, BMS systems, domestic water pumps, walk in freezers, Ketra Lighting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Adept problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with high level management, while accommodating agent and employee requests with utmost courtesy
- Non-business Hours Coverage - on call for all emergencies (monitor BMS, etc.) and able to occasionally work non-business hours to support projects and events
- Computer literacy, specifically using apps such as Google, Asana, Jira and PlanGrid a must
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs, properly use a ladder.
- Certifications - OSHA, P.E. etc., a plus
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.