Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for a Product Design Lead to help guide the direction of future releases. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
Today's product is a result of a decentralized approach for integrating third-party technology. As we bring structure and consistency to all future third-party integrations, we now need to reconcile the existing set of integrations so that there is design and user experience consistency as it pertains to third-party technology. We’re looking for a Product Design Lead to wrap their head around the full set of integration types nestled within the product, decide what the gold standard ought to be, and then redesign the existing into the gold standard. This project cuts across all parts of the Squarespace product, and therefore across many, many teams. Without ignoring the implementation details, you're comfortable working with diverse teams, and are excited to set standards and design systems that other designers will need to follow.
You will report to the Product Design Manager, Growth.
- Build the user experience and detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams from concept through delivery and beyond
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Be data-driven and have a desire to improve the experience
- 7+ years of experience
- Deep experience in user experience, visual design and prototyping
- Understand information architecture and service design
- Use a systems approach to design
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to the audience
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.