Squarespace is a design-centric company dedicated to empowering people to succeed with their creative ideas. We’re looking for a thoughtful UX Content Strategist to take ownership of UX content in our website creation tool (CMS), from labels to error messages, from structures to onboarding flows, and more. You feel at home within a design team, you're a strong writer and communicator, and you have a foundational understanding of information architecture and taxonomy design.
You’ll be involved throughout the process for CMS-related projects, alongside product designers, product managers, engineers, and more. You’ll help develop, communicate, and implement our UI style guide. This is the perfect role for someone passionate about UX design and experienced in crafting content. You’ll report into the UX Content Strategy Manager at our New York office.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Write and maintain UX copy across all Squarespace products
- Work with product designers and other team members on wireframes and iterative click-through prototypes
- Create polished UI strings to other team members
- Build rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical, brand, and marketing writers to connect in-app messaging with our overall voice
- Understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems you’ll work on
- Advocate for language in product design
- Ask probing questions to and give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Find the shortest way to communicate an idea
- 2+ years of experience writing UX copy
- Good awareness of UX and how content and design work together
- Passionate about consistency and details
- Experience using tools like Sketch, Figma, or similar
- Understanding of information architecture and taxonomy principles
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design could be better
- Ability to work through ambiguity and competing projects
- Experience preparing source language for localization
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, writing different types of UX copy, and solving user problems through content.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
The social news and entertainment company.