Data Engineer, Product Data (Remote)
Squarespace, Remote, United States
Help the world share their story
Data Engineer (Remote or NYC)
The Squarespace Product Data team is looking for a Data Engineer to create scalable solutions that democratize data for timely, accurate and informed decision-making. The team builds and maintains data pipelines and advanced analytical products to empower Product Managers, Analysts, and Data Scientists. The Product Data team solves problems to increase new user acquisition, keep existing customers engaged, and improve the user experience.
You'll join a team of Data Scientists and Engineers focused on extracting new datasets, creating predictive models, and abstracting user behaviors into meaningful quantitative frameworks.
You will report directly to the Manager of Product Data Engineering and Data Science based in our NYC office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To…
- Develop data workflows to ingest, validate, and model data to support analytics and modeling needs
- Contribute to our pipeline implementations to make them faster, simpler, and reliable for Product Engineering, Data Scientists, and Analysts
- Work with data consumers to identify self-service opportunities, and make sure they have access to the data they need to make decisions
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to understand and build data-centric software
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code) and ensure reliability of systems we own
Who We're Looking For
- Experience developing software which manipulate and process data, and/or integrating with API's using Python, Java or Scala, and SQL
- Exposure to system design and architecture with an ability to consider performance, reliability, latency and other factors when defining solutions
- Experience making large datasets accessible; familiarity with Hive and Spark is a plus
- Exposure to cloud computer and storage ecosystems
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to excellent design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touch points to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Staff Engineer, Data Platform
DoorDash, New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; Unite...