Lead Principal Software Engineer, Web Apps
SquareTrade, San Francisco
Before us, "warrant" was just another bad word.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Own the architecture for building new applications in claim processing, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks or creating new reusable components
- Quickly come up to speed on existing high profile system
- Work directly with business to understand the impact of in-flight changes
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements (critical)
- Lead design discussions
- Write clean code with plenty of unit tests
- Keep project organized and on-track (including project estimates and status, etc)
- Lead an agile team
- Work in a vague, complex and dynamic business environment
- BS in Computer Science or related (i.e.: Computer Engineering) is REQUIRED
- 8-10+ years of professional software development experience in Java and microservices -based enterprise applications
- Knowledge and experience in Spring, Jersey, Hibernate, SQL, and Linux
- Experience with unit testing, mocking or mocking frameworks
- Experience with complex queries
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical people
- Have great communication skills and ownership
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience working directly with customers
- Ability to stay organized and help organize others
- Familiarity with Agile is necessary!
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
WHEN WE OPENED OUR DOORS IN 1999, technology was evolving by the minute. Everywhere we looked, people were using awesome new gadgets and electronics— and dropping them, and spilling coffee on them, and having all sorts of accidents. Meanwhile, the warranty market was living in the past. The only thing worse than the flimsy protection was the awful customer service. We thought it was time to move things forward. Our big idea? Give people protection that covers the breaks, spills & mishaps of everyday life, and treat our customers like we'd want to be treated. Evidently, we were on to something. Today we’re growing at the speed of technology. With offices in San Francisco and London, a legion of loyal fans, and superstar customer service—we’re turning “bad” into “good” every single day. And we’re just getting started.