Manager / Senior Manager, Operations + Strategy
SquareTrade, San Francisco
Before us, "warrant" was just another bad word.
EXAMPLES OF PAST PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Triple the size and reach of our Local Repair network, from concept to campaign to roll out
- Leverage cutting-edge technology to improve fraud detection and drive fraud to zero
- Roadmap and execute a plan for a new service platform that reduces repair turnaround time by 50% while reducing costs
YOU'RE OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU [ARE]:
- Experienced in project/program management, with an emphasis on operations, business processes, and vendor management
- Excited to own an entire project from idea creation through implementation to impact measurement
- Analytically minded: drill down to understand the problem, the data, and the analysis to develop simple creative solutions
- Incredibly detail-oriented and able to juggle many tasks within a fast-paced, extremely dynamic environment
- Driven to make an impact on the business: you’re scrappy and don’t give up
- BA or BS from top school required. MBA or other advanced degree from top school a plus!
- 3+ years of work experience (not including internships) is required. Preferred backgrounds include top performing management consultants, VC/PE analysts, startup jack/jill-of-all-trades, and other high-caliber individuals from all fields
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc. is required
- Experience with building or analyzing dashboards in a tool like Salesforce, SQL, Tableau, and/or other data visualization tools is a plus
- Strong analytical skills to drive fact-based decision making are necessary; you must be able to effectively communicate complex data, new processes and innovative ideas, then translate this into actionable items
- A “go-getter” with strong record of rolling up sleeves and tactical execution.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE...
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
WHEN WE OPENED OUR DOORS IN 1999, technology was evolving by the minute. Everywhere we looked, people were using awesome new gadgets and electronics— and dropping them, and spilling coffee on them, and having all sorts of accidents. Meanwhile, the warranty market was living in the past. The only thing worse than the flimsy protection was the awful customer service. We thought it was time to move things forward. Our big idea? Give people protection that covers the breaks, spills & mishaps of everyday life, and treat our customers like we'd want to be treated. Evidently, we were on to something. Today we’re growing at the speed of technology. With offices in San Francisco and London, a legion of loyal fans, and superstar customer service—we’re turning “bad” into “good” every single day. And we’re just getting started.