Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Before us, "warrant" was just another bad word.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Re-architect and refactor existing back-end systems to scale
- Own architecture and implementation of SquareTrade’s next generation kubernetes-based microservices platform
- Code. A lot of it, every day.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is REQUIRED
- 5 to 10 years of professional software development experience in Java-based enterprise applications
- Extensive experience scaling messaging-based backend systems
- Experience migrating large enterprise systems into microservices-based architecture
- Strong experience in JEE, ORM Frameworks, SQL, Linux, Spring, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, REST based services, Mesosphere/Kubernetes stack
- Worked with DevOps technologies such as Puppet/Chef, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD - Gradle, Jenkins, Cloudbee, etc.
- Top-notch communication and influence skills! Must be able to work effectively across the entire department
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This role has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k for charity)
WHEN WE OPENED OUR DOORS IN 1999, technology was evolving by the minute. Everywhere we looked, people were using awesome new gadgets and electronics— and dropping them, and spilling coffee on them, and having all sorts of accidents. Meanwhile, the warranty market was living in the past. The only thing worse than the flimsy protection was the awful customer service. We thought it was time to move things forward. Our big idea? Give people protection that covers the breaks, spills & mishaps of everyday life, and treat our customers like we'd want to be treated. Evidently, we were on to something. Today we’re growing at the speed of technology. With offices in San Francisco and London, a legion of loyal fans, and superstar customer service—we’re turning “bad” into “good” every single day. And we’re just getting started.
Want to learn more about SquareTrade? Visit SquareTrade's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Product Owner - Mobile
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Data Platform Engineer
Print Process Engineer
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Test Automation Engineer
Production Assistant Intern
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA