Stanza, San Francisco
BRING YOUR EVENTS TO LIFE Don’t let your fans miss a moment.
Hundreds of millions of pageviews, natural language processing, real-time user analytics, header bidding… these are just a few of the challenges we face at Stanza. To the consumer, Stanza is a seamless calendar integration, allowing users to sync their favorite interests and events such as concerts, sporting events, movie releases, esports, etc. With partners such as Warner Brothers, NBC Sports, CBS, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA, and many more, Stanza is becoming the default way to embed and share calendars on the web.
We are redefining the purpose of a calendar with one core value in mind: Your Time Matters. This leads us to a larger vision to redefine the calendar as a dynamic service that helps you automatically find, remember and act on the things that you truly care about spending your time on. We provide intelligent recommendations for Stanza calendars based on the content of articles and pages across the web aligning with interests, utilizing advanced analytics.
If you would like to take this journey and make a difference, please read on.
Stanza is backed by top tier venture investors and is headquartered in San Francisco.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to build beautiful products to help people spend their time meaningfully. Our product strategy is based on turning calendar into a dynamic application that makes it easy for anyone to find and connect with experiences that matter to them.
As part of our engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to build cutting edge software around user experience as it applies to calendars, cross service APIs or cloud services, front-end and back-end technologies. All our teams are cross-functional - you will be working with a talented group of designers, data scientists and business development teams giving you the ability to solve problems from end-to-end and see the impact of your work. Your solutions will touch millions of users.
You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
- Gaining a deep understanding of our web stack, cloud services, and data stack in order to build delightful experiences for our users
- Contribute towards the product direction of the company by collaborating with product, data, sales and other engineering teams (POD structure)
- Design and implement technical components that scale effectively with our user base
- Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
Build leadership & forecasting skills by owning and delivering on high-impact cross-functional projects
Who you are:
- Experience with software development working with products at scale
- Experience applying CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object oriented design and code quality verification
- System architecture experience is a huge plus
- Experience with data stores such as MongoDB and SQL
- Experience with HTML, CSS, React.js
- Experience with Relay, Apollo, GraphQL, a plus
- Experience with AWS / cloud computing
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
How we got here At Stanza, we believe that time is your scarcest resource. We understand that every day you make a choice about how to spend your time, and who you want to spend it with. These choices are important, and sometimes it feels like you're catching up with yourself instead of actively deciding what to do. We've been there - we're former bankers, researchers, athletes, and generally busy people - we know the struggle. This is why we've come together to create a beautiful, seamless way for you to keep track of how you're managing your scarcest resource. We're making calendar manageable. We're putting you back in the driver's seat of your busy life, so that never again will you miss the events that truly matter.