Hundreds of millions of pageviews, natural language processing, real-time user analytics, header bidding… these are just a few of the challenges we face at Stanza. To the consumer, Stanza is a seamless calendar integration, allowing users to sync their favorite interests and events such as concerts, sporting events, movie releases, esports, etc. With partners such as Warner Brothers, NBC Sports, CBS, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA, and many more, Stanza is becoming the default way to embed and share calendars on the web.
We are redefining the purpose of a calendar with one core value in mind: Your Time Matters. This leads us to a larger vision to redefine the calendar as a dynamic service that helps you automatically find, remember and act on the things that you truly care about spending your time on. We provide intelligent recommendations for Stanza calendars based on the content of articles and pages across the web aligning with interests, utilizing advanced analytics.
If you would like to take this journey and make a difference, please read on.
Stanza is backed by top tier venture investors and is headquartered in San Francisco.
What you will do
- Design, develop and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse big data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
- Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Construct forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements.
- Produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools.
- Use advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data and construct solutions to business problems.
- Perform complex statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts.
- Construct predictive models, algorithms and probability engines to support data analysis or product functions; verifies model and algorithm effectiveness based on real-world results.
- Design experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use.
Who you are
- You have 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and you have an advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- You are knowledge and experienced in statistical and data mining techniques
- You have strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- You are extremely adept using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- You are well versed in working with and creating data architectures.
- You have an interest and knowledge in a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Typically you delve into statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) on a weekly if not daily basis.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- You have a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Exciting startup environment with competitive salary with equity
- Commuter reimbursements
- Catered lunches several times a week
- Medical, vision and dental benefits
- Dog friendly office
How we got here At Stanza, we believe that time is your scarcest resource. We understand that every day you make a choice about how to spend your time, and who you want to spend it with. These choices are important, and sometimes it feels like you're catching up with yourself instead of actively deciding what to do. We've been there - we're former bankers, researchers, athletes, and generally busy people - we know the struggle. This is why we've come together to create a beautiful, seamless way for you to keep track of how you're managing your scarcest resource. We're making calendar manageable. We're putting you back in the driver's seat of your busy life, so that never again will you miss the events that truly matter.
Want to learn more about Stanza? Visit Stanza's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one