Vice President of Engineering
Stanza, San Francisco
BRING YOUR EVENTS TO LIFE Don’t let your fans miss a moment.
Hundreds of millions of pageviews, natural language processing, real-time user analytics, header bidding… these are just a few of the challenges we face at Stanza. To the consumer, Stanza is a seamless calendar integration, allowing users to sync their favorite interests and events such as concerts, sporting events, movie releases, esports, etc. With partners such as Warner Brothers, NBC Sports, CBS, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA, and many more, Stanza is becoming the default way to embed and share calendars on the web.
We are redefining the purpose of a calendar with one core value in mind: Your Time Matters. This leads us to a larger vision to redefine the calendar as a dynamic service that helps you automatically find, remember and act on the things that you truly care about spending your time on. We provide intelligent recommendations for Stanza calendars based on the content of articles and pages across the web aligning with interests, utilizing advanced analytics.
If you would like to take this journey and make a difference, please read on.
Stanza is backed by top tier venture investors and is headquartered in San Francisco.
- Architect, plan and direct engineering efforts in partnership with product and business teams. Lead key engineering projects, initiatives and processes with a focus on continual speed and efficiency improvements.
- Ensure technology platforms scale effectively, perform well with growth and that products are released with minimal quality issues.
- Be a magnet for the recruiting and retention of top engineering talent.
- Organize teams to develop specific expertise in shared platform services as well as product offerings for specific stakeholders (i.e. for consumers, event-based marketers and teams, major publishers and digital marketers).
- Represent tech team in product development requirements, resource estimation, and scheduling.
- Evangelize Stanza externally and be the technical voice to increase its profile across the tech community.
- Help prioritize Engineering activities in line with projected costs and benefits.
- Inspire tech team, resolve conflicts / issues efficiently and manage any performance issues as they arise.
- Partner with executive colleagues to define and deliver the technical vision for the platform.
- Strong operational bent; knows how to drive a team to get more done than they ever thought possible
- Must’ve scaled large team (20+ engineers min) → either as previous VPE at growing startup or entrepreneurial/growth division head of a larger tech co.
- Must have solid competency across tech stack
- Great fit
- Team player; plays nicely with others
- Optimistic w/ strong balance between vision, strategy and GSD
- Must’ve built and/or led teams that built high products with significant scale, high performance systems previously
Nice to Haves
- Great architect
- Basic to expert understanding of advertising, affiliate and revenue operations
- Marketplace / products serving multiple different masters
- Strong investor relationships / reputation locally
- National reputation // expert
Qualifications / Experience
- 15+ years of overall engineering experience, with at least 7+ managing and scaling teams.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative tech team to perform at the highest level
- Verifiable experience growing and scaling software development teams in high growth environments.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development life cycle in an Agile environments.
- Experience across high volume consumer and advertising technology highly desirable.
- Must’ve built and delivered products that have scaled to millions of users.
- Have the confidence and humility to step back and speak openly about mistakes.
- Competitive salary with equity
- Transit reimbursements
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunches
- Medical, vision & dental benefits
- Fully stocked fridge / snacks
- Dog friendly office
How we got here At Stanza, we believe that time is your scarcest resource. We understand that every day you make a choice about how to spend your time, and who you want to spend it with. These choices are important, and sometimes it feels like you're catching up with yourself instead of actively deciding what to do. We've been there - we're former bankers, researchers, athletes, and generally busy people - we know the struggle. This is why we've come together to create a beautiful, seamless way for you to keep track of how you're managing your scarcest resource. We're making calendar manageable. We're putting you back in the driver's seat of your busy life, so that never again will you miss the events that truly matter.
Want to learn more about Stanza? Visit Stanza's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one