Stanza, San Francisco
BRING YOUR EVENTS TO LIFE Don’t let your fans miss a moment.
Hundreds of millions of pageviews, natural language processing, real-time user analytics, header bidding… these are just a few of the challenges we face at Stanza. To the consumer, Stanza is a seamless calendar integration, allowing users to sync their favorite interests and events such as concerts, sporting events, movie releases, esports, etc. With partners such as Warner Brothers, NBC Sports, CBS, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA, and many more, Stanza is becoming the default way to embed and share calendars on the web.
We are redefining the purpose of a calendar with one core value in mind: Your Time Matters. This leads us to a larger vision to redefine the calendar as a dynamic service that helps you automatically find, remember and act on the things that you truly care about spending your time on. We provide intelligent recommendations for Stanza calendars based on the content of articles and pages across the web aligning with interests, utilizing advanced analytics.
If you would like to take this journey and make a difference, please read on.
Stanza is backed by top tier venture investors and is headquartered in San Francisco.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of developers and play a critical role in the technical design, development and testing of our product. A successful candidate has a strong technical background, be willing to be “hands-on” and work code and have excellent motivation and communication skills.
What will you do:
- Lead a team of Engineers and drive engineering processes
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team
- Act as a designer, planner and project manager for adding features to Stanza’s product and take a hands-on approach to work when necessary
- Work cross-functionally across Stanza to develop solutions to define features, meet users and brand partners’ requirements
- Create and/or review design documentation and ensure that the design adheres to the design goals and overall architecture of the product and that the code is of the highest quality
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback
- Work closely with Product and BD teams providing technical integration guidance as needed and to ensure that the feature updates are delivered timely and with the highest quality code.
- Willing to jump in and do coding and bug fixing as needed
- Assist the QA and Customer Success teams with the investigation and resolution of customer issues.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science required. Master's preferred
- Must have 2 plus years of managing software development efforts with demonstrated track record of successfully delivering releases of a software product
- Must have 7 plus years of software development experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Exciting startup environment with competitive salary with equity
- Commuter reimbursements
- Catered lunches several times a week
- Medical, vision and dental benefits
How we got here At Stanza, we believe that time is your scarcest resource. We understand that every day you make a choice about how to spend your time, and who you want to spend it with. These choices are important, and sometimes it feels like you're catching up with yourself instead of actively deciding what to do. We've been there - we're former bankers, researchers, athletes, and generally busy people - we know the struggle. This is why we've come together to create a beautiful, seamless way for you to keep track of how you're managing your scarcest resource. We're making calendar manageable. We're putting you back in the driver's seat of your busy life, so that never again will you miss the events that truly matter.
Want to learn more about Stanza? Visit Stanza's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos