SPAR - StepStone Portfolio Analytics & Reporting Summer Associate
StepStone, La Jolla
Solutions that span Private Markets
The SPAR Summer Associate of StepStone will work for the Portfolio Analytics & Reporting department supporting the team with the core processes related to the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual performance metrics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviewing Quarterly Reports, Financial Statements, and Schedules of Investments and entering data into StepStone’s database
- Gather, analyze, reconcile, and synthesize data to assist in the preparation of client deliverables (quarterly reports, annual presentations, etc.)
- Assist on specific projects to address client-related requests
- The SPAR Summer Associate Program (the “Program”) is designed to introduce participants to aspects of the SPAR department. This is a 12 week, 40-hours per week internship intended for MBA candidates between their first and second years.
- The Summer Associates will gain experience in the following areas:
- Core SPAR processes: a rotational program to introduce the Summer Associates to the core functional processes that include cash flow monitoring, quarterly net asset valuations and reconciliations, and quarterly portfolio company and fund valuations. The Summer Associates will assist teams of SPAR Analysts with these core processes and gain a fundamental understanding of private markets investing and the structure of the industry.
- Exposure to Private Markets: Summer Associates will be exposed to investments across multiple private asset classes including Private Equity, Private Debt, Infrastructure, and Real Estate
- Finance and Accounting: Summer Associates will learn fundamental finance and accounting, specifically as those practices relate to investment performance reporting. Financial metrics like IRR, TVPI, RVPI, etc. will be taught. Finance/Accounting principles such as financial statement analysis, asset valuation, quarterly capital account reconciliation, and cash flow management are part of the program.
- Team environment: Summer Associates will be immersed in our SPAR team, performing many of the same functions as our Analysts and Associates.
- Performance Reporting: Summer Associates will be involved with the preparation and construction of monthly and quarterly performance reports
- Performance analytics tools: Summer Associates will gain extensive experience with MS Excel, PowerBI, as well as StepStone’s proprietary tools
- In addition to the hands-on learning that Summer Associates go through, there will be regular meetings to introduce and discuss topics related to investing in private markets. Active participation in pre-meeting preparation, meeting discussion, and post-meeting follow-up will be expected.
- At the conclusion of the Program, Summer Associates will be tasked with a comprehensive project that will be reviewed by members of SPAR Leadership. The project can vary in scope depending on the individual, but the goal of the project is to demonstrate how all areas of the Program work together and to create a deliverable that would be suitable to provide to a hypothetical client.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Program is intended for MBA candidates between 1st and 2nd year
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (cover letter required)
- Highly motivated individual with demonstrated initiative, independence and adaptability
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage time in a detail oriented environment
- Follow up skills and acute attention to accuracy and detail are essential
- Team oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in global financial markets
- Strong work ethic
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist - Analytics, Guest
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Optical Systems Engineer, Calibration & Verification
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Insight Data Science Fellows Program - Boston
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 3, 2019 - Boston
Analyst, Performance Marketing
Product Security Engineer
Cloudflare, Austin, Texas
Data Science Manager
Airbnb, Portland, OR