StepStone is currently seeking candidates with excellent quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills for an intern position on StepStone’s Private Equity Team. StepStone offers Interns a unique opportunity to achieve a valuable learning experience working across the private equity industry. Through analysis of leveraged buyout, venture capital, growth equity, energy mezzanine and distressed private equity funds, Interns gain exposure to a wide array of companies, industries and capital structures, and become accustomed to a variety of private equity funds and investment strategies.
The Interns will work in a team environment to target and perform due diligence on opportunities across the Private Equity team’s three investment verticals: private equity fund investments, co-investment transactions and secondaries transactions. The intern will have the opportunity to prepare and present recommendations, with the investment team, to the Firm’s Investment Committee.
StepStone prides itself on the Firm’s collegial atmosphere, encouraging team-building initiatives and a collaborative approach to accomplishing projects. The ideal candidate will possess strong academic achievement, high quality writing skills, and a solid financial background.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform market research using publicly available information and proprietary databases to identify, quantify and analyze macroeconomic trends across a variety of industry sectors
- Interpret financial analyses prepared by target fund managers, including investment track records and financial statement analysis; prepare valuation analyses on private companies using comparable public companies and precedent transactions
- Support Senior Research staff on sourcing and managing the inflow of investment opportunities
- Assess marketing and supporting materials of prospective fund managers to identify key value drivers and important areas for further investigation
- Conduct phone interviews with senior executives to gather insights and information regarding the style and effectiveness of target fund managers
- Form an independent opinion about the attractiveness of a sector or investment opportunity
- Construct an argument around an opinion and efficiently communicate that argument both verbally and in written materials; be able to defend position in a team environment, including Investment Committee meetings
- Analyze and monitor the performance of the Firm's existing fund managers and underlying portfolio companies; prepare for and participate in meetings with assigned managers, and conduct on-going due diligence
- Analyze and conduct diligence on co-investment opportunities and secondary transactions
- Pursuing degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Law, or equivalent relevant experience
- High proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel
- Demonstrated track record of academic success
- Strong communication skills
- Strong, demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modeling skills
- Team player and committed to work
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.