StepStone Real Estate is currently seeking a PhD level candidate with a strong quantitative background for an Intern position to help develop the team’s suite of models and market database for evaluating the prospects of real estate markets on a global basis. This role can be undertaken remotely from any location and flexibility exists for it to be undertaken alongside current studies. The candidate must have a demonstrated interest in the modelling of real estate markets and good working knowledge of both finance/valuation theories and statistical software packages. StepStone prides itself on its collegial atmosphere, encouraging team-building initiatives and a collaborative approach to accomplishing projects. The ideal candidate will adhere to the highest ethical standards, as well as demonstrate maturity and reliability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Focus on developing econometric and market valuation models to enable assessments of global real estate market prospects and strategies with the ability to efficiently reflect multiple scenarios;
- Develop a global real estate market database, consolidating data from multiple sources and creating a process to automate the creation presentation materials;
- Assist in the completion of at least one real estate white paper for client dissemination;
- Assist in the development of a portfolio risk model for global indirect real estate accounts;
- The individual will also have access to SRE’s proprietary data on private real estate database and real estate market data which would be used to support their studies and/or new research; and
- Creating new ways to utilize SRE’s proprietary datasets is particularly encouraged.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Pursuing or recently awarded a PhD in real estate, finance, economics or other closely related discipline
- Strong quantitative background with data analysis, econometric modelling and research experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel
- Good working knowledge of statistical software such as R or Stata
- Knowledge of portfolio risk management and construction theory a plus
- Experience in coordinating research projects
- Ability to work with a number of stakeholders and independently
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.