2021 StepStone Data and Risk Operations Spring Internship
StepStone, Beijing, China
Solutions that span Private Markets
- For undergraduates looking to gain exposure to the private markets industry and develop skills for investment analysis
- Interns will have the opportunity to develop an understanding of financial markets by working closely with the performance analysis team and assisting in investment monitoring and reporting efforts
- Opportunity to work with and contribute to the Global DARO (Data and Risk Operations) operations team including the US, European and Asia offices supporting our 24-hour global operations model.
- Full-time (40 hours per week) opportunity during the student’s spring semester
Primary responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility involves review and analysis of Quarterly Reports, Financial Statements, and Schedules of Investments to extract and enter the correct data into our proprietary database
- Analyze quarter-over-quarter fund performance by tracking underlying portfolio investments
- Process cash flow notices and track cash movement between funds and our clients
- Assist the team on specific quarterly, annual, or ad hoc projects and client-related requests
Secondary Responsibilities may include:
- Individual and cross-sectional portfolio analysis focusing on market trends by strategy, sector, and geography
- Monitoring and reporting of the investment activity and performance of leading private equity firms
- Reviewing and reconciling quarterly reports, capital account information, and cash flow activity of monitored funds, and providing information used in preparing client reports
- Managing data requests and reporting deadlines for assigned clients
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements: Relevant coursework or work experience
- Relevant coursework or work experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team‐oriented attitude
- Dynamic, hard-working and a self-starter
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of accounting and working knowledge of the financial services industry
- Interest in Global Financial Markets and Private Markets
- Strong attention to detail
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.