SPAR - Portfolio Monitoring Internship
StepStone, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Solutions that span Private Markets
The Portfolio Monitoring Internship is for professionals looking to gain exposure to the private markets industry and develop skills for investment analysis. Interns will have the opportunity to develop an understanding of financial markets by working closely with the performance analysis team and assisting in portfolio monitoring and reporting efforts. Opportunity to work with and contribute to the Global Data and Risk Operations (“DARO”) operations team including teams in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia supporting the 24-hour global operations model. Interns may participate in Rotational Learning Opportunities (“RLO”) and Expanded Scope Opportunities on a progressive basis as they maintain accurate, reliable, and consistent results across their Fundamental Core responsibilities. This will be a Part-time (30 hours per week) 16-week paid opportunity with a possibility to extend for additional 16-week terms or transition to a permanent role.
Fundamental Core Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the overall success of SPAR private markets data universe (Cashflows; NAV Reconciliations; Asset Level (Portco), and Portfolio Company Metrics), an important competitive differentiator for StepStone as a Firm
- Will support daily reconciliation with custodian and brokerage accounts. Will work directly with external service providers to reconcile variances between records. The Portfolio Monitoring intern will support ongoing daily risk and regulatory reporting with direct client contact.
- Draft daily notices on significant Cashflow activity of a Private Equity Fund portfolio playing a fundamental role in attending client needs with excellency
- Processes data from private markets general partners, including entry, review (if applicable), and reconciliation of capital account statements, cashflows, financial statements and report operating metrics
- Will complete daily assigned work that support team wide goals - DARO Interns will complete entry/extraction from General Partner provided materials and will meet/exceed team stated quality and quantity expectations
- While performing core data processing responsibilities, is accountable for maintaining team wide quality standards and prioritizing tasks to ensure deadlines are met. Any concerns that a deadline may not be met are escalated in advance to Functional Team Captains and client teams.
- Develops cumulative Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to successfully complete all Fundamental Core responsibilities and qualify for Expanded Scope Opportunities
Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Individual and cross-sectional portfolio analysis focusing on market trends by strategy, sector, and geography
- Monitor and report on the investment activity and performance of leading private equity firms
- Process amendments to Limited Partnership Agreements and coordinating with the legal team
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business or engineering
- Native Portuguese speaker; Fluent in English (most materials used by the interns will be in English)
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of financial accounting
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Power BI
- Interest in Global Financial Markets and Private Markets
- Strong attention to detail
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Dynamic, hard-working and a self-starter
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.