Summer Associate will be responsible for supporting the activities of the investment team in analyzing, monitoring and researching both potential and existing fund and direct investments. Education is also a significant component of the program, as Summer Associates will gain insight into the broader venture capital ecosystem through data-driven research projects, hands-on analysis of prospective investments, and participation in a mentor program with more senior members of the investment team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assisting with the sourcing and evaluation of potential venture funds, expansion stage start-up and secondary investment opportunities, and making recommendations to the Partnership
- Monitoring a sub-set of the existing Greenspring fund and company portfolio, reporting to the investment team on progress and projections, and preparing quarterly reports for our investors
- Performing broad scale industry research and analysis to learn about and understand industry landscapes within our focus areas, and advising the broader investment team accordingly
- Leading a team of analysts, maintaining responsibility for their workflow
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA program
- 3-5 years working in venture capital, private equity, finance, engineering, start-up operations, consulting or similar industry preferred, but not necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ideal candidates should display strong attention to detail, a highly professional manner and a dedication to maintaining the Firm’s existing relationships within the venture capital community.
- An appreciation for our platform approach and the benefits it can provide our investors
- A willingness to support all areas of our business, including our fund and direct investment strategies, both on a primary and secondary basis
- Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction
- People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it
- Growth mindset and ability to project into the future to consider new technologies and how they may or may not be adopted by consumers and businesses
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one