The Fund Accountant will support the day-to-day operations, accounting, and financial statements of a portfolio of fund partnership vehicles focused on Infrastructure in primary and secondary limited partnership investments and direct equity co-investments. The Fund Accountant will work closely with the Company’s Fund Accounting, Infrastructure Operations, and Monitoring and Reporting teams.
This hands-on, detail-oriented position will:
- Prepare and review calculations of investor capital call and distribution notices
- Track daily cash activity, including setting up wire payments and daily cash projections
- Review cash reconciliations from various fund administrators
- Calculate management and performance fees
- Assist in the review of quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly performance reporting
- Compute and review partner allocations and review capital account statements
- Support the investment team and legal team in the closing of transactions, including responding to information requests, review of allocations, review of reporting requirements and other support and analysis as needed
- Support various fund administrators and coordinate delivery of required reporting, etc.
- Understand partnership agreements and interpret reporting requirements and partner economics
- Respond to investor requests in a professional and timely manner
- Perform other duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate
Education and Experience Requirements:
- CPA preferred
- Must possess a four-year college degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- One to Three years of private equity partnership accounting or audit experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities against key deadlines
- Previous experience with Investment Company Accounting and ASC 820 (FAS 157)
- Must be able to work independently, but contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos