StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $570 billion of total capital allocations, including $134 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, collaboratively.
Private Equity Summer Analyst Role Overview:
StepStone is currently seeking rising seniors with excellent quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills for an intern position on StepStone’s Private Equity Team. StepStone offers Summer Analysts a unique opportunity to achieve a valuable learning experience working across the private equity industry. Through analysis of leveraged buyout, venture capital, growth equity, and distressed private equity funds and investments, Summer Analysts gain exposure to a wide array of industries and capital structures, and become accustomed to a variety of private equity funds and investment strategies.
Summer Analysts will work in a team environment to target and perform due diligence, including financial modeling and preparation of investment memorandums, on opportunities across the Private Equity team’s three investment verticals: private equity fund investments, co-investment transactions and secondaries transactions. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to prepare and present recommendations, with the investment team, to the Firm’s Investment Committee.
StepStone prides itself on the Firm’s collegial atmosphere, encouraging team-building initiatives and a collaborative approach. The ideal candidate will possess a strong academic record, excellent quantitative skills, high quality writing skills, and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
Essential Internship Functions
- Analyze and conduct diligence on co-investment opportunities and secondary transactions
- Interact with fund managers/portfolio company management teams to conduct in-depth portfolio and asset-level underwriting and analysis
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research and financial modeling/analysis on companies and assets across stages (i.e., buyout, venture capital/growth equity, distressed/credit, etc.), industries and geographies
- Conduct due diligence on potential fund investments (team, strategy, performance), and synthesize findings in an investment memorandum to be presented at the Firm’s Investment Committee
- Speak with senior executives to gather insights regarding the style and effectiveness of target fund managers
- Perform market research using publicly available information and proprietary databases to identify, quantify and analyze macroeconomic trends across a variety of industry sectors
- Construct an argument around an opinion and effectively communicate that argument
- You are a Junior/Rising Senior (May 2024 grad) committed to BA/BS in Finance, Economics or Accounting, or equivalent relevant experience
- A desire to join our Global Private Markets investments platform after graduation
- GPA of 3.5 or better
- High proficiency in MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Demonstrated track record of academic success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modeling skills
- Team player and strong work ethic
- Demonstration of excellent extracurriculars
- Pointed excitement for Private Equity Investments
- US work authorization
For a view into a summer experience at StepStone: https://vimeo.com/519535749
Working out of 23 offices in 14 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you'll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure. Our organizational community features multiple Employment Resource Groups representing our dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Your employment will also be subject to various firm policies and guidelines, including return to workplace guidelines for your office (which require, where legally permitted, all U.S. employees to have their vaccinations against COVID-19 up to date in order to enter one of our offices or attend a firm-sponsored event).
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos