DARO Junior Analyst - Portfolio Analytics & Reporting
Solutions that span Private Markets
StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $570 billion of total capital allocations, including $134 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, collaboratively.
StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm that provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $548 billion of total capital allocations, including $127 billion in AUM, StepStone is highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provides creative solutions to align with the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on both entrepreneurialism and partnership our firm offers all team members the opportunity to work collaboratively and excel individually.
About Data and Risk Operations (“DARO”)
DARO is a dynamic team of professionals that drive the collection, analysis and reporting of private market data. Through global collaboration and utilization of StepStone's proprietary cloud-based performance reporting systems, the DARO team provides meaningful insights for informed decision making to internal and external stakeholders.
- For college graduates looking to gain exposure to the private markets industry, develop skills for investment analysis, and work towards potential full-time career opportunities with StepStone
- Junior Analysts will have the opportunity to develop an understanding of financial markets by working closely with the performance analysis team and assisting in investment monitoring and reporting efforts
- Opportunity to work with and contribute to the Global DARO team including offices in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, supporting our 24-hour global operations model
- Full-time (40 hours per week) opportunity for a 16-week period with the possibility to extend or to transition to a permanent career opportunity with StepStone
Primary responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility involves review and analysis of Quarterly Reports, Financial Statements, and Schedules of Investments to extract and enter the correct data into our proprietary database
- Analyze quarter-over-quarter fund performance by tracking underlying portfolio investments
- Process cash flow notices and track cash movement between funds and our clients
- Assist the team on specific quarterly, annual, or ad hoc projects and client-related requests
Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Individual and cross-sectional portfolio analysis focusing on market trends by strategy, sector, and geography
- Monitoring and reporting of the investment activity and performance of leading private equity firms
- Reviewing and reconciling quarterly reports, capital account information, and cash flow activity of monitored funds, and providing information used in preparing client reports
- Managing data requests and reporting deadlines for assigned clients
Skills and Qualifications may include:
- Relevant coursework or work experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; please note that all interviews will be conducted in English
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team‐oriented attitude
- Dynamic, hard-working and a self-starter
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of accounting and working knowledge of the financial services industry
- Interest in Global Financial Markets and Private Markets
- Strong attention to detail
At StepStone, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. At present, we require most team members to generally be in the office a minimum of 60% of the time, averaging at least 3 days a week.
Working out of 23 offices in 14 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you'll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure. Our organizational community features multiple Employment Resource Groups representing our dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Your employment will also be subject to various firm policies and guidelines, including return to workplace guidelines for your office (which require, where legally permitted, all U.S. employees to have their vaccinations against COVID-19 up to date in order to enter one of our offices or attend a firm-sponsored event).
StepStone is a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisroy solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With more than $230 billion of total capital allocations, including over $35 billion in assets under management, we cover the spectrum of opportunities in private markets across the globe. We prudently integrate fund investments, secondaries and co-investments across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt to create solutions that are customized according to the objectives of any private markets investment program.
Want to learn more about StepStone? Visit StepStone's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.