OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR ROLE:
- Daily analyzation of current load counts, trailer pools and fleet size to ensure adequate, efficient planning and assist in developing more cost-effective equipment and personnel utilization
- Create monthly reports regarding service levels for the customer as well as participate in service oriented conference calls. Serve as an internal extension of sales to increase established customer business opportunities.
- Communicate service problems, turned down freight, and new business opportunities to sales.
- Generate daily/weekly reports for senior management including
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR PROFILE:
- 5+ years of experience in logistics
- Dedicated and/or National Account experience is required; Familiarity with transportation of temperature-controlled product is ideal
- Must be highly organized and communicative, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow-through
- Ability to perform in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities and occasional interruptions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel reporting functions required; some knowledge of the AS/400 operating system preferred
- Ability to handle high volumes of inbound communications
About Stevens Transport
About us Stevens Transport, Inc. is recognized as one of North America's premier multi-modal, temperature-controlled freight carriers. The specialized nature of time-sensitive truckload shipments gives Stevens Transport a unique advantage in the supply chain marketplace as a logistics leader valued by a wide range of Fortune 500 ® customers. With a network of operations throughout North America, Canada, and Mexico, Stevens Transport maintains a competitive edge by providing asset-based services through regional, dedicated, expedited, intermodal, tanker, and 3PL competencies. Beyond capacity-driven operations, Stevens Transport injects an unmatched integrity into a corporate business model that reflects more than 30 years of consistent growth and success.