Senior/Lead Growth Product Manager
StoryBlocks, Arlington, VA or Remote
Our mission is to provide creative content that everyone can afford.
Who You Are
We are seeking to add a seasoned, user-experience obsessed Growth Product Manager to our own top of funnel growth for Storyblocks. We are open to a Senior Growth Product Manager or Lead Growth Product Manager dependent on prior experience and contributions. In the customer lifecycle, this role translates to solving problems around how we might attract and grow qualified traffic via SEO, showing Storyblocks’ value based on user intent, and converting users.
Our Growth team, which consists of Growth Product managers and the SEO team, sits within Product. This role works with engineers, designers, marketers, and analysts on a cross-functional squad. This is a high impact and high visibility role, and is responsible for diagnosing growth opportunities across the customer journey, developing and iterating on the top of funnel organic growth strategy (in partnership with the SEO team), then rallying the cross-functional team to experiment and deliver business results.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth, this role can be remote or based out of our Arlington, VA office.
What You’ll Do
Strategy and prioritization
- Identify top of funnel growth opportunities and priorities for the Storyblocks’ self-serve SMB customer; back proposed priorities by data (qualitative customer research, competitor analysis, and quantitative data) and learnings from past experiments
- Drive prioritization; create and iterate on the product strategy and roadmap to improve key funnel metrics
- Size and forecast (in partnership with Finance and Analytics) the impact of proposed growth priorities; iterate on growth priorities and impact forecast based on in-year learnings
- Translate high-level business problems into growth opportunities in the customer journey;
- Define KPIs for your squad (in partnership with analytics); tie your squads’ KPI into group and company-level growth roles; monitor the performance of your squad’s key initiatives;
- Communicate growth priorities, roadmap, progress, diagnostics and learnings to various audiences ranging from leadership to technical teammates
Drive business impact through cross-functional leadership and execution
- Define hypotheses and Identify the right experimentation framework (e.g. pre-post, A/B testing, qualitative research) to validate growth hypothesis.
- Drive rapid product experimentation; set clear testing frameworks to test and assess success and roll-out ceritera. Sharing insights and results throughout Storyblocks
- Rally the a cross-functional team; ranging from Engineering, design, and marketing to deliver the roadmap; identify and solve for inter-dependencies across product and growth squads, measure impact and KPIs, and iterate on initial plan.
For the Lead Growth Product Manager level, you’ll have the following added responsibilities
- Identify growth opportunities across the Storyblocks’ self-serve SMB customer lifecycle (top of funnel, mid funnel, retention, referrals) using data and learnings from past experiments
- Prioritize growth opportunities in the customer lifecycle based on forecasted impact
- Contribute to building and improving Storyblocks’ growth system. This includes (and is not limited to) establishing operating rhythm with key partners (marketing, analytics etc) to set and drive towards shared goals, improving the process of communicating growth priorities, roadmap, and experiment results to key internal partners at a regular cadence
- Provide mentorship and foster a sense of continuous learning and knowledge sharing; Examples include: Lunch & Learn sessions on translating proposed growth priorities into business impact, identifying suitable methods and experiment framework to test growth hypotheses, deconstruct top-level Growth KPIs into actionable metrics
What You’ll Have
- Growth product management experience and with increasing levels of responsibilities; (consumer and / or e-commerce product experience a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver impact on key product and growth metrics
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to drive growth objectives and outcomes
- A strategic and systematic thinker who thrives on hypothesis-drive and data-driven approach to experiment design and learnings
- Embrace rapid experimentation, making decision using available data
- Experience working with SEO teams; working knowledge of key analytics and research tools such as Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Semrush, and Botify a plus
- Self-starter with appetite for continuous learning and improvement
For the Lead Growth Product Manager level , you also demonstrate the following competencies
- Proven track record of delivering impact across key growth metrics (top of funnel, mid-funnel, activation, retention etc) through leading end-to-end leadership on complex growth projects
- Experience building, or was a key contributor to building, a sustainable growth system
What We Bring to the Table
- Virtual Work - Storyblocks has adjusted to the COVID-19 pandemic by creating a flexible, work-from-home environment. All employees are free to work from wherever they like through at least April 2021 (or later depending on vaccine rollouts).
- Competitive and fair compensation - We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical - Our medical, dental, and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave - Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation - At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options - Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth - We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for executive coaches, conferences, and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment - Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen - Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office - We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Storyblocks supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
Storyblocks is a different kind of content company delivering a fresh approach to meet the creative needs of a new generation of storytellers. Built on the belief that all stories deserve a chance to be told, Storyblocks provides video, audio, images, and easy to use creative tools through its unique subscription model. By offering unlimited downloads and continually adding fresh content, Storyblocks challenges the paradigm that your ambitious vision requires deep pockets. We are committed to empowering storytellers by removing creative barriers and democratizing video creation.
Driven by a set of five company core values, our culture is shaped by a love for data, fearless communication, community, zero egos, and everyone emptying the dishwasher (both literally and figuratively).
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Storyblocks has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.'s Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal, and by the Washingtonian as one of DC’s 50 Great Places to Work.
StoryBlocks (formerly VideoBlocks) was founded in 2009, with one mission: to provide premium creative content that we can all afford. While still in high school our founder Joel Holland and fellow students started a small TV show that focused on helping kids figure out what they wanted to do with their lives. They interviewed over 150 awesome career professionals for the show, and while the interviews contained extremely powerful advice, the production value of the show was lacking, because they had no budget. In one specific instance, Joel had just interviewed superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger – which was extremely exciting. They had this awesome footage of his advice for teens and they weren’t able to make the video look professional since it was cost prohibitive to purchase b-roll, music, professional graphics or other stock media. So Joel decided to start a company that would make stock video affordable to everyone, regardless of budget.
After high school, Joel pooled his savings and purchased some professional video equipment. He then hit the road for one year, traveling to over 30 US cities shooting video, editing in the hotel room, and selling the clips so that he could afford to purchase the next plane ticket and hotel room. Fast forward eight years and StoryBlocks now has over 35 employees.
StoryBlocks now makes it affordable for video editors and enthusiasts of all kinds to afford stock video and production music, not just those who have large budgets. We are proud that we enable thousands of schools to enhance their curriculum with our content; we enable thousands of churches to make their services more engaging; we make it affordable for tens of thousands of freelancers to increase the quality of their productions without breaking the bank; and we make it possible for thousands more to simply learn and enjoy video editing with some assistance from our content.
We have since become the largest distributor of stock video with over 23 million downloads and are excited to continue building StoryBlocks into a truly amazing company that makes a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees. Our goal is to become the first place that content creators go to when working on a creative project.
Want to learn more about StoryBlocks? Visit StoryBlocks's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.