Senior Product Researcher
Strava, San Francisco, CA and Denver, CO
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
About this role
We are looking for several passionate Senior Product Researchers to join our growing research, insights and strategy team. We are seeking leaders who are able to integrate insight throughout the development process and partner with product teams to increase impact on the people we serve and partner with. As a global, consumer-facing business dedicated to connecting athletes, it is essential that we truly understand the athletes we are designing for and the businesses we partner with.
- Lead all aspects of research efforts, from scoping and recruiting, to method selection, analysis and presentation, at different stages of the development process, from strategic discovery to tactical evaluation
- Partner with product teams as a research leader responsible for prioritizing a portfolio of questions, and collaborating with your PM, Eng, Design and Analytics peers, to integrate insights and formulate strategic directions
- Deliver high quality research insights that impact experience strategy within and beyond product teams
- Provide guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound decisions based on market, customer, and product analytics
- Work with the broader research team to evolve and innovate the research practice and identify ways to maximize impact. Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools and communications
- Work collaboratively within the research team to assess larger user trends and determine strategies for further investigation and/or synthesis
- Promote processes, tools, and best practices within the organization
- 5-8 years experience with human-centered, qualitative research methodologies in a digital start-up environment, who can plan, lead, and execute research projects
- Empathy and a passion for understanding people and why they do the things they do through observation, interviewing, testing and validation
- Hands-on experience scoping and prioritizing research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and sharing findings
- Ability to synthesize, shape and present insights that lead to adoption, actionable design recommendations, impact on our members, and clear strategic direction
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment where speed, rigor and quality must be balanced to meet project needs, ability to creatively adapt methods and approach to meet the unique constraints of a rapidly changing start-up environment
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), collaborative mindset, and ability to persuade and inspire project teams and stakeholders of the value of a people-centered design approach
- Excellent knowledge of research principles, methods, experiment design, facilitation and familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience using a variety of research tools (such as UserTesting.com, Optimizely, Ethnio, Survey monkey), and familiarity with recruiting and analytics suites
- Experience integrating multiple data sources (customer feedback, market research, survey data, analytics, competitive landscape, and athlete insight) into a strategic point of view
Candidates must share their work experience to be considered for the role. This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.