Partnerships Manager, US
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
About this role
Strava is seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial and multi-disciplinary Partnerships Manager for a full-time position to accelerate our partnerships with digital fitness offerings globally. Strava athletes do much more than run and ride outdoors, and we’re committed to making it easier for them to share more of their active lives on Strava.
This role is integral to the expansion of Stava’s partnerships with the growing variety of digitally-enabled fitness experiences in the US and abroad. As a member of the Strava | Business team, you’ll will be directly responsible for an important part of Strava’s strategy to become the home of athletes’ entire active lives.
This role is equal parts partner development and partner/product marketing. We’re looking for someone just as savvy in identifying, prioritizing and pitching new partners on the value of integrating with Strava as in making these partners successful on Strava by collaborating with product, design and marketing. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to balance strategic thinking with exceptional follow-through. A curious mind coupled with a proactive drive will go a long way at Strava.
- Identify, prioritize, pitch, and onboard new digital fitness partners
- Individually own a category of partners, focusing on sport categories or a specific market.
- Drive the full partner cycle through introductory calls/emails, business case development, relationship building, customized pitch decks, deal closure, and post-launch marketing
- Liaise with product, design, analytics and the API team on the technical process to integrate partners with Strava’s API and measure partner performance
- Proactively identify and optimize athletes’ experiences with partner integrations, leveraging industry insights, qualitative user research and athlete data to develop hypotheses and creative solutions to improve partner and athlete value
- Partner with Business Operations team to market Strava | Business products to partners. Segment the gym, studio and fitness app market, identify their needs and develop marketing materials tailored to sub-segments within the broader industry
- Lead co-marketing efforts with partners to drive awareness and adoption by Strava athletes
- Manage partner performance metrics and help operationalize and scale new partner reporting
- Help shape our platform partnership strategy and identify new areas of focus or existing areas that can be improved across our partner ecosystem
- Not afraid to cold call someone or strike up a conversation with someone you just met
- Think outside the box - whether it’s crafting a compelling pitch deck, finding data to advance a partner proposal or coming up with creative ways to market partners to Strava athletes
- An organized self starter who can work autonomously while collaborating with others
- Results-focused but can balance art and science when making decisions and measuring success
- Passionate about the fitness landscape and well-versed in industry trends and technologies
- Are just as comfortable in a spreadsheet as you are in a partner-facing presentation
What We're Looking For:
- 3-4 years relevant experience in a results-driven partnerships and/or partner marketing role
- Proven experience with pitching and signing new partners, either in an organic or paid capacity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Basic technical knowledge of API integrations
- Bonus points for prior experience with managing international partnership deals
- Experience with integrated marketing programs using PR, email, social media, and other owned and earned channels
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit Strava's website.
Jobs You May Like
Wombat Security Technologies, Pittsburgh
Head of Marketing
Prodigy Finance, London or Cape Town
Affiliate Partnerships Manager
Skillz, San Francisco
Product Marketing Manager - Global Services
Rapid7, Boston, MA (Global Headquarters)
Senior/Intermediate Full Stack Developer
Prodigy Game, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Red Antler, Brooklyn