Senior HR Generalist
Strava, Strava HQ
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
About the Role
As the Senior HR Generalist at Strava, you will provide operational HR support to our growing company. This is a great opportunity if you are someone with previous HR experience and who is looking to grow their career in the area of HR Operations, Benefits, and Employee Relations. You will need to move fast and be comfortable with wearing many hats and juggling multiple projects. The Senior HR Generalist reports to the VP of People and Talent.
In this role you will:
- Provide front-line HR operations support to employees, including onboarding/offboarding, leave management & workers’ compensation, benefits administration, HR data management, employee relations, immigration and reporting.
- Manage our HR Coordinator and assist with maintaining HR demographic and employee data in various systems. Run weekly and monthly reports (headcount, turnover, etc.).
- Coordinate with HR, payroll, and third-party vendors to deliver excellent service levels across all locations.
- Provide oversight for our benefits program, including open enrollment, new hire benefits education, online benefits administration, compliance, and audits.
- Own the exit interview and off-boarding process; assist with compensation projects.
- Assist with the delivery of HR-related trainings to managers and employees. Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement and needs.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
You have a positive attitude and you are able to engage with employees with confidence and credibility, even if you don’t always have the answer in the immediate moment. You are extremely organized and you have a great ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Other requirements include:
- 4+ years in an HR role, with a depth of experience in HR operations, benefits and HR data management. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the nuts and bolts of HR, including benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), and performance reviews.
- Experience handling employee relations issues and coaching managers.
- Ability to take initiative and implement employee-friendly processes that can help to scale the company.
- Technical proficiency with corporate systems, including Google Apps, and MS Office Suite.
- HRIS experience; Paylocity experience strongly preferred.
- Analytically-minded with demonstrated proficiency in Excel, HR metrics and reporting.
- Experience in successfully interacting with cross-functional teams - particularly Payroll, Accounting, and Office Operations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee and company information.
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. “Make it happen” attitude.
- Exceptional written and oral skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as their trusted resource.
- PHR/SPHR-CA and exposure to compensation practices preferred.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.