Localization Project Manager
Strava, Strava HQ
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
About this role
Strava’s Localization Project Manager will work with the marketing, product, engineering, and commerce teams to evangelize the importance of global thinking in every step of the development process, and to facilitate the localization of everything Strava produces. He or she must have a deep understanding of software and content localization, be effective in working across team boundaries, and be comfortable working with engineers.
- Manage Strava’s localization and translation roadmap for mobile apps and website.
- Oversee the localization and internationalization of product and mobile content.
- Work with internal teams to establish efficient workflows and continuously improve processes related to the planning and delivery of translations and multilingual content.
- Implement ongoing quality assessment systems to ensure high quality deliveries in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain current glossary
- Work closely and maintain relationships with Transifex, e2f and external translators.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- 3+ years of software localization experience
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle for mobile and web platforms, as well as i18n/l10n best practices
- Experience working with product management, marketing, and engineering organizations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with JIRA, Transifex, and project management tools
- Excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Superior time management, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across culturally diverse and globally distributed teams.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages preferred but any combination welcome (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Russian, Chinese)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit http://www.strava.com
Jobs You May Like
Product Support Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Vimeo, New York, NY
Senior Product Manager (Platforms)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
International Originals Creative Producer, EMEA
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Technical Program Manager (m/f)
Senior Product Designer
Venmo, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA