Country Manager, Japan
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About This Role:
The Japan Country Manager will do everything to grow the social network for athletes in their market. They will work closely with the marketing team to plan and then execute country specific marketing and business development efforts that raise awareness, increase usage and, ultimately, build a community of Strava athletes in Japan. As our ears, eyes and feet on the ground, this self-starter will help make sure that we’re getting things right and that local athletes feel Strava was built just for them.
- Plan and execute disruptive marketing moments in your market, focusing on increasing the awareness and consideration of Strava across the athletic community in Japan.
- Help customize and leverage the global marketing strategy by utilizing your own local expertise, knowledge and connections to ensure maximum impact.
- Leverage and collaborate with Strava HQs in Europe and the USA for help wherever possible. The team at HQ is fired up and ready to help you succeed in your market.
- Build relationships with press and influencers in order to generate and influence disruptive brand-enhancing, media output.
- Identify, evaluate and execute the most valuable business development opportunities in your market.
- Initiate and develop strategic partnerships to help meet country level objectives.
- Communicate local preferences back to HQ. Help them further customize the product to deliver the best experience possible to athletes in each market.
- You are a strategic thinker and enthusiastic doer. You are equally comfortable brainstorming new ideas and opportunities as you are rolling up your sleeves at an event.
- You are razor sharp at assessing opportunities and prioritising based on scale and impact.
- You are incredibly resourceful and independent. You can make things happen and will provide strategic input with the global marketing team based on your local knowledge.
- You have a strong appreciation for brand marketing and a good gut instinct for what will resonate in your market. You are eager to learn the Strava brand inside and out so that you can make decisions that fit Strava and appeal to locals at the same time.
- You have amazing people skills and are well connected in your local community of endurance athletes of all abilities. You can identify, charm and rally the influencers in your market.
- You know what it takes to get the media talking and have existing connections that you can leverage
- 5+ years of marketing experience. Either in an agency or client-side.
- The experience and maturity to work autonomously for long periods of time.
- Strong digital/mobile marketing background a plus.
- Passion for Strava. Your friends may be tired of hearing you talk about it...
- Passion for participating in sport and an understanding of endurance athletes.
- Fluency in Japanese + English + any other language is a plus
- Will need to be willing to travel to UK/USA for periods of up to two weeks at a time.
- During the first 12 months you will spend a significant amount of time in the UK for onboarding.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners, GO4IT and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are equally dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit Strava's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate, Events (Production)
Axios, Washington DC
Senior Visual Designer
RealtyShares, San Francisco
CityBase, Chicago, IL
Senior Marketing Manager, Growth
Massdrop, San Francisco
Strategy and Content MBA Intern - PS Vue
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Neighborhood Ambassador - Somerville/Cambridge
Yelp, Boston, MA