Strava, Denver, CO
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
About the Role
The Community Manager is part of the Community Management team at Strava, which is responsible for handling inquiries and feedback from all Strava members. Our goal for the Community Manager role is to engage the community in a dynamic conversation about the Strava product, to share helpful information, collect and encourage product feedback, and help curate new content. The Strava community is rapidly growing, and this role will be involved in research and projects to expand the community reach and explore new tools and resources to help us scale.
This role is centered around the Help and Community resources found on our Zendesk-hosted support site, as well as working across other channels such as Twitter, Facebook, forums and online discussion platforms. Along with daily moderation tasks, a key aspect of this role is working closely with many departments such as Marketing, Product and Engineering in order to communicate issues and feedback from the community, as well as investigate answers and solutions to share with the community.
- Seasoned in managing online communities.
- Proficiency in community platforms, tools and social media channels.
- Solid familiarity with the Strava platform.
- Good judgement in appropriately representing the “voice” of the company and handling sensitive topics in a public space.
- Comfortable creating technical and non-technical documentation.
- Excellent written communication, organization and multitasking skills.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience using GPS and Strava-compatible devices, and experience with technical troubleshooting.
- Thrive by working independently, taking initiative, and demonstrating excellent follow through.
- Ability to gather data and feedback, synthesize observations and share recommendations across multiple teams.
- Familiarity with industry best practices and resources.
- Creative and innovative thinking with a passion for strategizing and finding solutions.
- Great time management skills and efficiency.
- Empathy for Strava members and a “make it happen” attitude.
- A strong passion to connect personally with Strava’s mission to motivate and entertain the global community of athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- You are based in the Denver area and look forward to working in our Denver office.
- Ability to work a Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday shift.
Please include the following information in your Cover Letter:
• How does your background and experiences translate to the requirements of this role?
• What excites you about this particular position?
• Are you familiar with the Strava platform? If so, please include a link to your profile.
• Please provide an example of a community discussion you've moderated.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit Strava's website.
Jobs You May Like
Policy Communications Lead
Segment, San Francisco, CA
Sales Development Representative
Managed By Q, New York, NY
Demand Generation Marketing Manager
Class Pass, New York
Senior Analyst, Search
DraftKings, San Francisco, CA
Content & Social Media Manager DACH (w/m/d)
Senior Marketing Designer