Strava, San Francisco, CA
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About this role:
We're looking for a passionate Recruiter (Contract) to help us identify, assess, and hire best and the brightest talent who want to make an impact in health and fitness technology. The right candidate is able to successfully manage, prioritize, and close searches against a timeline. In addition, you will conceive practical and creative ways to identify leading talent and invest a lot of time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach. You will be using data to set benchmarks and metrics to create targeted recruiting strategies, while partnering with engineering leadership to build high-performing teams that embody Strava’s values and culture. This role will report to the Head of Talent.
- Meet weekly and monthly recruiting goals and hiring targets
- Partner with recruiting team to manage candidates through the interview process
- Build talent pipelines for multiple job requisitions
- Run searches and engage with passive candidates via LinkedIn, Teamable, AngelList, GitHub, and other sourcing platforms
- Understand the hiring market to run targeted searches
- Source qualified candidates, review resumes, and pre-screen candidates while moving interview process forward in a timely manner
- Ability to seek candidates for matching fit and motivation rather than focus on selling alone. We are building teams, not filling seats
- Work with the Talent team to provide a positive and exceptional interview experiences for candidates and hiring team
- 4+ years recruiting experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- 2+ years software engineering recruiting experience, preferably in Mobile, Web and Data
- Experience in tech startups and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a low structure, fast-paced environment in a flexible manner
- A sincere understanding of the importance of building relationships with active and passive candidates of all levels
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS is preferred
- Proven experience in building and managing a diverse pipeline
- Expert knowledge and experience running searches with Boolean, LinkedIn, and Entelo
- Exceptional organizational skills, with attention to detail and great follow-through
- A positive attitude and ability thrive working in a collaborative team environment
- Proficient with Google Calendar, Apps and/or M Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit Strava's website.
Jobs You May Like
Talent Acquisition Coordinator/ Sourcer
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Executive Director - 2018-2019 School Year
Summit Public Schools, Redwood City, CA
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Front Lines Associate
General Assembly, Washington DC
Guru Field Rep - Kansas City
Brooks Running, US, Remote
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, CA