Marketing Manager, US
Strava, Denver, CO or Remote (USA)
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
About the Role:
Strava is the world’s largest athletic community and the social platform at the center of connected fitness. With over 85 million athletes on Strava and 2 million more joining every month, we’re growing fast. The Marketing Manager, US reports to the Senior Marketing Manager, NA and will play an important role in being where our athletes are, by executing and leading national campaigns, initiatives and strategies for our largest market. You’ll also play an important role in helping us reach our growth, engagement and subscription goals.
We’re excited about you because you will:
- Build and execute marketing strategies to drive consistent athlete engagement geared towards subscription growth in the US both on the Strava platform and through external paid and earned channels.
- Create marketing activations and always-on programmatic content programs and initiatives around pivotal athlete moments and global brand campaigns to energize our community of athletes across the country.
- In partnership with product and lifecycle marketing teams, systematically unlock ways to connect Strava’s subscription value to athlete value in timely, relevant and compelling ways across the athlete’s journey to drive subscription growth.
- Develop and lead a marketing calendar informed by Strava’s product roadmap and athlete moments to engage our community across the year.
- Collaborate with our communications and content teams to use press and social media to help drive awareness and subscriber acquisition goals.
- Work closely with the US Community Associate to include athlete forward storytelling, local athlete activations and community connection with every campaign you drive.
- Work closely with marketing analytics to understand your impact on US goals and evolve programs based on takeaways.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing campaign execution, media strategy and/or growth marketing initiatives preferably within the technology or B2C sectors.
- Worked in both agency-side and brand-side roles driving strategy and plans to effectively move and measure brand health metrics and business goals.
- Experience managing omni-channel marketing campaigns and multiple complex projects with high attention to detail.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves for any number of projects that may come up and a willingness to learn new things and think creatively.
- Experience managing freelancers, media planners, agency partners and working with creative teams to create energizing marketing campaigns.
- Comfort with ambiguity, cross-functional collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment.
- An open mind and great ideas that get results.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A growth mentality.
Ideal Qualifications (We would like for you have):
- Understanding of and experience with subscription marketing growth strategies and tactics.
- Experience with media planning partners including execution and evaluation of media campaigns.
In your cover letter, we would love to see (please include to complete your application):
- What specifically interests you about this opportunity and why are you the best candidate to do it?
- What attributes do you have that would separate you from other candidates?
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit Strava's website.
File hosting service