Senior Brand Designer
Strava, San Francisco, CA - Strava HQ
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride coffee or all three.
About the Role
We are seeking an innovative, strategic and multidisciplinary Senior Designer for a full-time position. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a meticulous attention to detail. A curious mind ready to push boundaries coupled with a proactive drive will go a long way at Strava.
This is a pivotal role on the Design Team – you are the main engine of design for the brand and will work directly with the Director of Brand Design. You’ll contribute both strategically and in the actual execution of our work. You must be able to make confident design decisions and be comfortable presenting work to others.
- Ideate compelling ideas and developing those ideas into clear design solutions
- Present concepts and design to internal teams
- Conceptualize and craft beautiful brand experiences that push Strava’s brand identity forward
- Represent design and brand look/feel on photo and video shoots while serving as a creative partner for stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with other designers, project leads, photographers and vendors
- Mentor junior and mid-level designers
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects from concept to completion
- 5+ years design experience in an agency environment or other relevant industry
- Passion for branding and an understanding of creating and extending brand identity systems
- Experience ideating and leading strategically-led creative work
- You know how to see work through with engineers and vendors with a high bar of excellence
- Experience in art direction and storyboarding
- Highly skilled in graphic design, illustration and visual design
- Excellent verbal communication
- Proven ability to manage time across several work streams
- Keen interest in digital products
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch skills
- After Effects and Cinema 4d experience is a plus
Please include a link to your portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process and indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit http://www.strava.com
Jobs You May Like
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Art Director – Communication Design
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Senior Product/UX Designer
Tile, San Mateo, CA
UI/UX Designer - Live Video
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Junior Toy Designer
BarkBox, New York, NY
API Integration Consultant (Contract)
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland