Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Every day, we’re searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it’s not only about achieving – we’re an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we’re just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced engineer to expand our iOS application. In this role you will also help define our public facing API, as our mobile applications are key consumers of it.
- Help lead the design and implementation of the next generations of Strava mobile applications
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, UI designers, and other engineers
- Mentor other engineers and help define best practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of professional software development
- Objective-C and CocoaTouch expertise
- Work examples or personal projects that show an aptitude for product sense
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience shipping professional and well reviewed iOS apps to the App Store
- Experience with iOS related build-tooling (xcodebuild, fastlane, CocoaPods) and automation
- Experience defining and instituting best practices including coding, testing, documentation and agile process standards
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit Strava's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer I
Qualtrics , Krakow
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical
Fitbit, China - Shanghai
Full Stack Engineer
Software Engineer University Grad - 2018
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY
Senior Data Science Engineer
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Addepar, Mountain View, CA