Software Engineer - Payments
Strava, San Francisco, CA - Strava HQ
Strava's mobile app and website connect millions of runners and cyclists through the sports they love
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
About this role
As a payments engineer at Strava, you’ll work on ensuring our payments system is reliable and scalable. From ensuring charges go through to reports tracking the health of Premium, you will be instrumental in the core of of our business. You’ll have the opportunity to bring our financial systems to the next level.
- Migrate from a logs-based billing system to an transaction-based billing system
- Add new payment types, like PayPal or iDEAL
- Update our Trials infrastructure from a scheduled job to an events based, distributed system
- Incorporate data from Google Play to record actual revenue per transaction instead of estimated income
- Adding monitoring to all stages of our payments system
- Enable subscription extension as a reward
- Optimizing payment acceptance rates
- Test pricing by country
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong Ruby, Scala or Go experience
- Experience with relational Databases
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with payments processing
- Familiarity with stream processing frameworks like Storm or Flink, and distributed brokers like Kafka
- Experience with Google Play purchases, iTunes purchases, or Adyen
- Experience with financial reporting
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails in production environments
- Familiarity with denormalized data stores (e.g. Cassandra, Redshift)
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world.
Want to learn more about Strava? Visit http://www.strava.com
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer, AI and Deep Learning
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Front End Engineer
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Application Developer (Full-Stack)
Lead Developer (m/w)
Software Engineer - Bizrate Insights
Time Inc., Los Angeles, CA