We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
About the Position:
Stride is seeking a talented and creative senior data scientist to lead our Data Science team. You should have deep experience working on complex problems and have demonstrated abilities to craft impactful solutions.
You'll be working to evolve our core recommendation technology and working to positively shift the trajectory of consumers' health and financial situations. An advanced degree in applied science, mathematics, or engineering is preferred.
- Work closely with the product design team to design and refine the Stride Health’s core consumer product experience in a way that best leverages available data sets and analytical methods
- Build and validate machine learning models to help change consumers’ health and financial trajectories. This includes forecasting health care utilization and costs, as well as optimizing financial outcomes based on financial data.
- Own the flow between our core data sources and our end-user product experience.
- Evaluate user data to identify opportunity segments and evaluate product interaction effects
- Ensure that Stride Health is constantly making use of the best public and private health data sets available, including ongoing identification and exploration of potential data sets
- Evaluate and evolve existing user data strategies, which include user metrics, measurement frameworks, and methods to measurement
- Experience with applied statistical analysis and machine learning, including Bayesian methods, time-series modeling, logistic regression, clustering techniques, nearest-neighbors models, survey data analysis, experimental design, and choice modeling.
- Experience accessing data via REST APIs and querying large data sets and using SQL and/or no-SQL data stores. Experience managing large data sets in a high-performance production environment
- A love for data, an ability to creatively problem-solve, and a drive to find an optimal solution
- Expertise with key statistical tools (R, SciPy/NumPy etc..)
- Strong programming experience, including functional and OOP, preferably in Python.
- Advanced degree in an applied science field (Math, Statistics, Engineering, CS, Bioinformatics, Economics, etc)
- PhD with 2+ years or 5+ years of experience working as Data Scientist
- Experience working with Hadoop related analytics technologies, including PIG, Hive, or Spark/Redshift.
- Prior work building recommendation and optimization systems, including the use of machine learning or evolutionary algorithms to improve recommendation and matching accuracy
- Experience performing marketing-related analytics, including propensity models, attribution, and behavioral segmentation.
- Experience building data visualizations using D3, Raphael or ggplot.
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!
About Stride Health
WHAT IS STRIDE HEALTH?
Simple tools to save you money and manage your healthcare.
Everyone deserves a smart way to protect your health – and your wallet – without breaking a sweat. That’s why we do the tricky calculus for you. In minutes we’ll enroll you in your most cost-effective health plan, minimize your taxes and maximize your take-home pay as an independent worker or part-time employee. If that wasn’t enough, our personal advisors will navigate the details for you whenever you need us!