Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Stride Health, Salt Lake City
See jobs at Stride Health
- Evolve and expand iOS and mobile at Stride.
- Be an advocate for best practices: solid and clean architecture principles, testing, Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- Closely work alongside our Product and Design people to maintain and extend the feature set of the Stride for iOS app.
- Work with multiple Engineering and non-Engineering teams within the company on cross-functional efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a Software Engineering-related discipline) or equivalent professional experience.
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and excitement to work on a fast-paced, collaborative team.
- Experience programming in Objective-C and Swift. You’ve seen all things iOS throughout your career.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience managing project builds and dependencies using Cocoapods/others.
- Experience developing apps using Xcode and the core iOS frameworks.
- You have helped create at least one high-quality, active app on the App Store.
- Last but most important, you have a desire to grow and get things done inside and outside iOS and Software Engineering in general.
- Experience in Reactive Programming (Combine, RxSwift).
- Experience with SwiftUI.
- You have successfully built and maintained a consumer iOS app with at least 5k daily active users.
- You know the ins and outs of at least one of the MVC/MVVM/VIPER presentation layer patterns on iOS.
- Experience working with an RDBMS, SQL or CoreData.
- You have successfully architected the data layer of a modern iOS app. How can you manage offline states/caching?
- You have experience injecting dependencies, and mocking them out when unit testing.
- Experience managing thread and process concerns as related to iOS. What do you think of Combine or other newer frameworks?
- You can come up with solid unit and integration tests using XCTest
- Experience using a Continuous Integration tool such as TravisCI.
- You have created a publicly-available Swift/ObjC library. Send us the Github link!
- Experience with one or more backend technologies.
- Experience with RESTful API design and architecting network operations.
- Experience with consumer finance and tax applications, healthcare, or the self-employed/freelancer industry.
About Stride Health
WHAT IS STRIDE HEALTH? Simple tools to save you money and manage your healthcare. Everyone deserves a smart way to protect your health – and your wallet – without breaking a sweat. That’s why we do the tricky calculus for you. In minutes we’ll enroll you in your most cost-effective health plan, minimize your taxes and maximize your take-home pay as an independent worker or part-time employee. If that wasn’t enough, our personal advisors will navigate the details for you whenever you need us!
Want to learn more about Stride Health? Visit Stride Health's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.