About the Position
The Stride Engineering team is on the lookout for a motivated DCloud Platform Engineer to help take us to the next level. We are a small engineering team that collaborates very closely. You will drive operational excellence by implementing and supporting DevOps practices such as fast feedback cycles using monitoring, increased delivery cadence by improving our Continuous Delivery processes and pipelines, and increasing the reliability and scalability of our systems through automation and infrastructure as code. You’ll work closely with other engineers to help them build safe and reliable systems.
Our technology stack consists of NodeJS and Python backend services along with Redis, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB and Postgres data stores. All of this is running in AWS on EC2, containerized in ECS or on Lambda. We use Terraform to manage our infrastructure resources. Ideally, you’ll have experience building and managing cloud-ready systems on AWS.
We are building the world's first benefits platform designed specifically for independent contractors and part-time employees. You will be a cornerstone to ensuring that the platform is reliable and scalable. If you’re a seasoned engineer who wants to make an impact, the kind of which only a fast-growing startup can provide, we would love for you to join us on this adventure. The nature of work is changing, forever. Be a part of it.
Here's what you'll get to do everyday:
- Design, build and improve our AWS infrastructure using Terraform and cloud-native strategies
- Continually improve our DevOps practices and processes across the organization (fast feedback, infrastructure as code, system-level focus, and fast delivery cadence)
- Scoping of projects and measuring success, iterating based on feedback.
- Maintain high engineering and security standards
- Participate in system design discussions
- Work cross-functionally to develop and build systems with reliability and scalability in mind
Here's the experience we're looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a DevOps, platform, or application engineering role
- Experience with AWS and cloud infrastructure (EC2, ECS, VPC, RDS, ElastiCache, etc)
- Experience with Terraform and infrastructure as code practices
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Proficiency in Python and Boto3 for scripting and system administration.
- Experience with CICD pipelines (ideally CircleCI)
- Experience designing, building, and securing containerized workloads
And it's extra cool if you have any of this experience:
- An understanding of Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience working with Node.JS, TypeScript
- Proficiency in Python for backend and API development
- An understanding of cloud and application security
- Postgres database management and operation experience
- Experience with Lambda and Serverless architectures
- Experience building scalable, testable ETL systems
- Experience working within a microservice environment
Stride provides the world’s first portable benefits platform designed specifically for independent workers, helping them save time and money on insurance, taxes and hundreds of thousands of products and services. Since launching in 2014, Stride has helped over 2.5 million workers save over $2.7 billion.
Stride partners with the world’s leading work platforms and employers of non-benefited workers including DoorDash, Uber, Instacart, Grubhub, Amazon, MasterCard, Aon, Keller Williams and others to help them provide their workers access to affordable health and wealth benefits and perks. The company is backed by Venrock, New Enterprise Associates and F-Prime Capital Partners.
We support a flexible work structure with office locations in Salt Lake City and San Francisco, along with the option to establish your own fully remote office.
Perks & Benefits
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from the computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences.
- Competitive salary
- Equity package
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work arrangement with the ability to work remotely and meet face to face with co-workers on a regular basis (as conditions permit)
- $100/month work from home stipend
- $75/month stipend for wellness programs
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- Parental leave
- A culture of learning and development
- And more!
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Stride is an equal opportunity employer.