Stride aspires to reflect the diversity of the teams and clients we serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to better outcomes for our clients. As a values driven company, we look for individuals who value honesty, humility, respect, learning from failure, and helping others.
Stride consultants, also known as Striders, embed with tech teams exclusively in New York City (you read that right, no travel) to help them be their best while writing code alongside them. Our goal is to leave our client-teams functioning at a higher level than when we found them. Most of our work is with Agile teams who write code in modern tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails, React, Python, Scala, Java8, Elixir and more.
We’re bootstrapped and profitable, so we don’t have a board of directors to answer to or investors who need to make a return. This means we are in control of our growth and can do so at a pace that sustains our culture and prioritizes the happiness of our consultants.
What you’ll be doing:
- Mentoring and leading teams (internal and client-side) on the value of Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Integration
- Directly guiding the technical strategy for our clients and exploring ways to improve our value
- Engaging with the local tech community (speak at conferences, get published, contribute to open source projects, blogs, etc.)
- Guiding clients through significant technical challenges and creating roadmaps that will impact their competitive place in the market
What we expect from you:
- 12+ years of professional software development experience
- Expertise in multiple programming languages and the ability to quickly gain proficiency in unfamiliar languages
- The credibility and gravitas to operate and work closely with C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
- The ability to guide team strategy
- Seeing projects through from inception to deployment
- Experience teaching test driven development, Agile project management, and effective Pair Programming
What you can expect from us:
- Awesome culture - We have a 5 star rating on Glassdoor and are one of Crain’s 100 best places to work in NYC
- No travel
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (including Profit Sharing!)
- You’ll work at a self-defined Sustainable Pace
- Stride will invest $2,000 and two weeks of your time in self-directed professional development
**If you do not currently have an updated resume, that's no problem. Please provide a link to any websites or online profiles you want us to look at. You can upload this information in a document via the Resume link.
If this excites you, please apply below!
Stride is an agile software development company that colocates with engineering teams in NYC to help them up their game and get stuff done.
Want to learn more about Stride? Visit http://www.stridenyc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Java Tech Lead
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
Full Stack Developer
Senior Packaging Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Front-End Developer
OTT Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Vimeo, New York, NY
Technical Program Manager, Passenger Experience
Lyft, San Francisco, CA