Join our Family
Stride aspires to reflect the diversity of the teams and clients we serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to better outcomes for our clients. As a values-driven company, we look for individuals who value honesty, humility, respect, learning from failure, and helping others. We’re looking for senior full stack developers comfortable with a wide variety of programming languages and frameworks who enjoy mentoring and have an eye for process.
Stride developers, also known as Striders, embed with tech teams exclusively in New York City (you read that right, no travel) to help them be their best while writing code alongside them. Our goal is to leave our client-teams functioning at a higher level than when we found them. Most of our work is with Agile teams who write code in modern tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails, React, Python, Scala, Java8, Elixir and more.
We’re bootstrapped and profitable so we don’t have a board of directors to answer to or investors who need to make a return. This means we are in control of our growth and can do so at a pace that sustains our culture and prioritizes the happiness of our consultants.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will embed with tech teams in some of Manhattan’s most exciting startup and mid-market companies to help them up their game while getting stuff done.
- You’ll be an advocate for non-dogmatic Agile software development
- You’ll mentor teams on the value of software development best practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Collective Code Ownership, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Improvement
- You will be the reason your client teams are higher performing on your last day with them than they were on your first day.
What we expect from you:
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and able to quickly gain proficiency in unfamiliar languages
- Can guide team strategy
- Can see projects through from inception to deployment
- Experience teaching TDD, story estimation, test writing, and effective pair programming
What you can expect from us:
- Awesome culture - We have a 5 star rating on Glassdoor and are one of Crain’s 100 best places to work in NYC
- No travel
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (including Profit Sharing!)
- You’ll work at a self-defined Sustainable Pace
- Stride will invest $2,000 and up to two weeks of your time in self-directed professional development
Stride is an agile software development company that colocates with engineering teams in NYC to help them up their game and get stuff done.
Want to learn more about Stride? Visit Stride's website.
Jobs You May Like
Broadcast Specialist, Integrated Marketing
MLB Advanced Media, MLB Advanced Media
Originals Publicity Manager - Germany
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Looker, Santa Cruz
Senior Engineer Training Lead
Kenzan, Providence, RI
Senior Business Analyst, Merchant Compliance
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Professional Services Manager (Seattle)
PlanGrid, Seattle, WA