We are a well-funded, fast-growing, and exciting educational startup, located in the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. StudyBlue is the top tier crowdsourced learning service built to help students succeed in school and beyond. We are used by millions of students to learn faster, stress less, study anywhere and get better grades. We provide powerful and yet easy to use solutions for students of all ages on the web, iOS and Android platforms. We're thinking about the future of education and what our role could be. Working at StudyBlue provides a rare opportunity to have fun and work on amazing projects while reshaping the world of education.
We are seeking an expert, talented, hardworking human being who is hungry to do big things. This role will contribute to the overall user experience, site performance, and code maintainability. You will play a vital role in scaling and defining how code is built and deployed. You can expect to partner with product designers, product managers and other peers across the organization. Your work will help change the way people learn and achieve their goals.
Working in our Agile development environment, you will maintain knowledge about all of our various tools, understanding how they can enhance our deployment flow, enhance developer productivity, and improve the frontend stack while creating a high-quality product that is engaging and delightful to our customers.
- Design and implement features in the single page web application that helps people learn
- Work with Backend Engineers to define APIs and then build and ship performant features
- Build efficient and reusable frontend components
- Diagnose and repair performance issues, and build strategies with others to ensure high throughput
- Be part of design and code reviews, providing architectural oversight and promoting tried and true design patterns
- Identify and prescribe the best tools for frontend development
- Own decisions around refactoring and strengthening the frontend ecosystem
- You possess a strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and related web technologies
- You are able to tackle complex problems with well-tested and easy to understand solutions
- You take pride in shipping work that focuses on quality, performance and scalability
- You are self-motivated and organized, with the ability to lead and deliver on multiple projects at once
- You demonstrate a persistent passion to learn, absorb and teach new frontend tech to others
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience
- You are a HTML5 and CSS3 guru and can explain your approach to others
- You provide a strong portfolio that displays your passion and expertise
- You are familiar with Google Web Toolkit, Java and/or Tomcat
- You have experience designing RESTful APIs
- You have prior experience setting up testing systems and build-chain tools, such as Jest and Webpack
- You have a proven track record with visual design and design teams
- You have previously worked in education or education tech
- Flex-Hours & Open Vacation Policy
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee 401k & Stock Options
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Fun Team Activities
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team
Conquer Your Course™ When you need study help, we have answers. Find materials for your class
Want to learn more about StudyBlue? Visit StudyBlue's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.