StudyBlue is a self-sustaining and exciting edTech startup. We’re the leading crowdsourced learning service built to help students succeed. We’ve helped over 17M students to learn faster, stress less, and get better grades. Our SaaS business model means we build tools and sell subscriptions directly to our end users -- the students. We have a deep history that dates back to 2009, but we have been growing our team and business from our own revenues since 2014.
We are proud of our values: Humble, Honest, and Hardworking. We strive to create a culture of collaborative, smart co-workers building upon our mission to help every student, every day, learn more effectively.
An experienced VP of Engineering, looking to build and maintain a highly effective and diverse engineering team. You want to work with humble, honest and hardworking people at all levels. You’re experienced in crafting, communicating and executing a technical roadmap. You enjoy finding, developing and working with great engineering talent. You’re a solid communicator cross-functionally with engineering, product, marketing, business, executives and boards. You know when to listen and when to act, when to build consensus and when to be decisive. You have experience working at a company that is consumer facing, and you look forward to helping millions of students achieve their educational goals.
- As a member of the executive team, you will work closely with Product, Operations, Marketing and Business executives to set corporate strategy and vision with an eye towards balancing productivity and customer delight.
- You will be responsible for the entire engineering organization. This includes recruiting, retention, organizational structure, technical roadmaps, engineering process and practices, and outcomes.
- Setup and maintain clear paths for employee development, mentoring and career advancement.
- Increase productivity and job satisfaction for engineering by fostering an agile culture of autonomous, self-organizing teams.
- Build, maintain, advocate and execute on a technical roadmap vision. Understand and setup process for paying down technical debt.
- Ensure new functionality is built with effective, scalable technologies.
- This position reports to the CEO.
- Vice President (VP) of Engineering experience at growing startups (20+ engineers) or mid-sized companies.
- Consumer facing mobile and web experience.
- Experience hiring and managing engineering-managers and engineers.
- Experience communicating and advocating for engineering with executives and Boards.
- Track record of facilitating the creation and execution of a technical roadmap, including appropriate prioritization of paying down technical debt.
- Strong knowledge of Agile concepts and their implementation, a strong appreciation for devops mindset in engineering and a lean startup mentality.
- Insanely good communication skills with technical and non-technical people alike.
- Ability to translate engineering to business and business to engineering.
- A strong, professional network of people to draw on for hiring, consulting, contracting, etc.
- Innate ability to find the most efficient way from point A to point B, and communicate it to others.
- Consumer SaaS experience across native mobile and web platforms.
- Prior experience as an architect building full-stack solutions.
- Life outside of work.
What We Can Offer You
- Stock Options
- The Best Equipment Available
- Flex-Hours & Self-Managed Vacation Policy
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Matching
- Commuter Benefits
- Sabbatical Program
- Wellness Stipend
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Fun Team Activities
StudyBlue is an equal opportunity employer who participates in E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Conquer Your Course™ When you need study help, we have answers. Find materials for your class
Want to learn more about StudyBlue? Visit StudyBlue's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare