StudyBlue is a well-funded, fast-growing, and exciting educational startup. We’re the leading crowdsourced learning service built to help students succeed in school and beyond. Used by millions of students to learn faster, stress less, study anywhere and get better grades. We work hard, but we treat our hard workers very well. We offer the unique opportunity to have fun and work on amazing projects while reshaping the world of education.
We are searching for an experienced professional with a background in automation who is looking for an opportunity to be a major contributor. Working in our Agile development environment, you will maintain knowledge about all of our various tools, understanding how they can enhance our deployment flow. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience deploying and maintaining service-oriented architecture on AWS, strong scripting background to automate processes as required, using configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef and build environments like Bamboo or Jenkins.
You will have both the responsibility and the authority to manage our release process as an integral part of our Ops team. Working closely alongside Product, Engineering and QA, your efforts will determine our release cadence as you decide when necessary targets are hit and we are ready for a successful release. Some day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing the release tools and process
- Technical point of contact during releases, including transferring datasets, pushing code, coordinating automated testing, and moving code into production
- Grow and maintain the automated test coverage
- Develop tools/software to help ensure automated tests run quickly and reliably
- Track results, refine solutions and drive successful and timely releases
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software, automation or DevOps engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong background in automated build/deploy pipelines
- Proven ability to manage production releases and change management
- Experience with B2C SaaS software deployments to AWS
- Proficiency in Java and Python
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux and bash scripting
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with load testing
- Enthusiasm for establishing and refining processes and metrics
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical leadership skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with CI/CD services/software
- Open Source contributions (include Github etc links!)
- NewRelic instrumentation and performance analysis
What We Can Offer You
- The Best Equipment Available
- Flex-Hours & Open Vacation Policy
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Match & Stock Options
- Commuter Benefits
- Sabbatical Program
- Wellness Stipend
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Fun Team Activities
StudyBlue is an equal opportunity employer who participates in E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Conquer Your Course™ When you need study help, we have answers. Find materials for your class
Want to learn more about StudyBlue? Visit StudyBlue's website.
391 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room